Today's Watchtower; if GB say celebrity adulation is wrong, why do they pose for pics and sign autographs?

by Isambard Crater 29 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

I heard pope benedict got fired for taking money for pictures and auto graphs , doesn't sound infallible to me , lol

I agree , if they want to set an example of being separate from the world then they should not be acting like the sports , entertainment people by giving autographs and photo ops . It just defeats the humility end of their beliefs .

I have argued that they keep going back and forth on the superior authorities dogma , when jesus kicked satan out of heave and began to rule the governments supposedly all were took over by satan and now we are back to jehovah using them for some good ,,, Which is it , GODs enemies or GODs superior authorities , I go with enemies as these people in power are evil and corrupt and murder and steal all the time

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The last time, 2014, I toured Wallkill, the tour guide sister pointed out to all a glass encased shrine containing the used bibles of CT Russell and JF Rutherfart. But of course we adulate them as celebs, or do we?

Was in Kiev international convention in 1992 at the old soccer stadium. At the convention conclusion a couple of the gb members circled the track waving their hankies to the crowd as everyone stood and applauded--but we don't adulate them as celebs---or do we?

just saying!

• Etude
    Etude
    "I'll give these 'old boys' a little credit. At least they weren't self aggrandizing attention whores to the degree of the current crop of Governing Body members."
    sparky1

Except for Knorr. He walked around like he was hot shit, being president and calling almost all the shots. About the time the "Elder" arrangement came about and the "Governing Body" surfaced, he went on a tirade realizing he was going to lose power. I saw this happen one morning before the prayer at the 124 Columbia Heights dining room.

Etude

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I was at bethel late 74-mayflower set sail.

But don't remember much except hear how everyone was glad Knorr no longer dominated them by doing morning text and such and not being forced to listen to his diatribes about what bug was up his ass.

• Etude
    Etude

I personally felt his influence by his opinions of how a Bethelite should dress. It triggered a war with me. Brokeback Watchtower, it started bitter debate between me and the "house servant" at the Wallkill Farms. I recall Knorr berating a "sister" because she didn't show up to read the morning "text". She had had a severe case of morning sickness (she was pregnant) and simply didn't think that was a sufficient excuse to not show up. He was an asshole.

Etude.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Knorr was a sexually repressed homophobe cult leader.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think him and Tight Pants Tony the homophobe would have made good friends, because they seem to think alike as in narrow and highly delusional.

• Etude
    Etude

Knorr's personal "right-hand man" was Freddy Franz. Knorr was practically smitten with Franz's role as a modern "prophet". Knorr was in complete agreement when Franz gave a talk about 1975 being a fitting conclusion of the 1,000-year reign of Christ and the beginning of Armageddon.

Etude.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

They love the crowds!

I saw FW Franz raise his arms fists clenched and wave to the small crowd

after his talk,

I didn't know what to make of this,

I never saw this before, anywhere,

It didn't make sense,

:0)

• Etude
    Etude

And yes, he was a homophobe. He's the reason Brooklyn Bethel would not press your blue jeans at the dry cleaners back in '74. Knorr felt that such a thing would make bethelites look like the homosexuals in the Heights neighborhood.

Etude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit