Today's Watchtower; if GB say celebrity adulation is wrong, why do they pose for pics and sign autographs?

by Isambard Crater 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Room 215 Yes two of them are Dead! Lloyd Barry and John Barr.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Answer: Because they are narcissistic hypocrites.

• zeb
    zeb

Was one of them the guy who would shuffle about bethel talking to his shoes?

• Room 215
    Room 215

.... Aren't book signings usually done just by the authors?

• zeb
    zeb

room 215. Of course! quite correct I have never known a book signed by one of the publishers staff.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Re photo:

Why was Fred Franz not required to wear a jacket?

Special status?

:)

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

GB members are worshipped in this religion. Yesterday you saw something was black and if today they publish a WT article saying it is white, you'll say 'It's evidently white and I have always seen it white'.

Catholics have a Pope and witnesses have seven.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The article certainly related to the GB but also a lot of "counsel" to respect and obey the cong elders.This is seen as paramount in maintaining the unity of the Organization. The scriptures used are : 1 Tim 5.17 " Let the elders who preside in a fine way be considered worthy of double honour" .

The miss the caveat in the middle. It is IF they preside in a fine way... otherwise????

Also Heb. 13.7 " Remember those who are taking the lead among you,who have spoken the word of God to you, and as you contemplate how their conduct turns out, imitate their faith."

First word .."Remember" , Vines commentary suggests "Take note of" - so, Watch them, observe their conduct , then only imitate their faith.

That's what the Bible says.

They make a point of how elders do menial tasks around the Hall .Yes but does not The Pope wash people's feet in a show of mock humility? By itself these things mean nothing. I have known some really good men who served on the BOE but also some jumped up egotists ....Just like any other HUMAN organization

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Was one of them the guy who would shuffle about bethel talking to his shoes? - I initially read this as 'was one of them the guy who would shuffle to bethel talking about his shoes?'

Ahh, I see, it's much worse.

PS - it was Fred Franz.

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

Sparky1, I completely agree with you.

I remember a time where really the only person you knew besides the elders in your congregation was your circuit overseer. The Governing Body was largely unknown. Although there are no credits on any of the written materials we use, isn't it the same thing when we have these guys on the JW Broadcast with their name up on the screen? I really prefer the time when brothers with heavy responsibility were relatively unknown and their work was all carried out discreetly.

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit