Scary Effectiveness of Assembly Videos

by Captain Schmideo2 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

Well, I got to see the final day of this years Regional Convention.

And I saw something that disturbs me.

The final, "summing up review" video.

It disturbs me because it was so well done.

(I wish I could remember the title of the song), to the strains of a solo vocalist singing in a fine "Irish Tenor", we see the actors from the previous videos of the last few days all assembling together in a clearing. Look! There's that kid who was terrified of that study picture, worried that when the day came, he would be standing unprotected! Look! There's that Asian sister who was always so driven by her business concerns until she saw what was right! And that lady with cancer! And even flashes to the video of the unfortunate young girl who died from a terminal disease!

All the living characters are grouped together, looking resolute and confident, as, out of the misty forest, running in slow motion, are sinister men, wearing military camo and balaclavas, armed with assault weapons, bearing down by the thousands on this tiny little group! It looks like it's curtains!
    But then! The clouds open! And a Heavenly Host breaks through the sky, shining in golden light, and there, at the head, is Jesus/Michael, bow in hand, as he draw it back, with a razor sharp arrow aiming at those that would do harm to his people, and then you see those scary military types bathed in a brilliant light, as the full chorus of the music swells, and thunderous, long applause from the crowd at the convention (I half expected a standing ovation!).
    And it just now hit me:A lot of the people in the audience, at long last, got to see the final stand of Helm's Deep from The Two Towers, but redone for this video! (https://youtu.be/51oEk21ax5A?t=3m16s)

Anyway, it was rousing, it was well executed, it was terrifying. The Borg has finally perfected their propaganda machine. The next few years of conventions will only get more polished.

Anyone else seen this yet?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"....it was terrifying." Yep, it will work GREAT on the average dubbie!!!

Batsh*t crazy!!!

• humbled
    humbled
    Truly disturbing. Terrible for children.
  • stillin
    stillin

Heavy on the emotions, as usual.

I wonder, I would never hurt a group of people like that, and I think there are a lot of others who would actually try to defend such a nice group of people. We weren't in the video, were we?

• berrygerry
  • zeb
    zeb

So what are the people doing standing in a forrest?

where was the heavenly army while Hitler rampaged across the world?

Syria?

Children and others sensitive will have nightmares for months after that.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Holy fuck

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I see the homophobe made the cut. Where's Kevin? I guess he didn't make it into anybody's bunker!

And I would like to second OphanCrow's "holy fuck". The level of brainwashing is really disturbing.

• floridaborn
    floridaborn

That brother and sister probably stumbled someone because they held hands during their salvation. I think they will be called to the back room as soon as all the dead bodies are cleaned up.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I'm a little disappointed they didn't have any rebellious headband-wearing hippies harassing them in the field...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit