Scary Effectiveness of Assembly Videos

by Captain Schmideo2 32 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Zeb: Children and others sensitive will have nightmares for months after that.

Years, not months

Maybe for the rest of their lives

Hell, all I had to deal with was the earth opening up and swallowing me and my bike. In a bad black and white still illustration.

What has been described by the OP takes moving technicolor to a high pitched scream

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fear mongering is fear mongering , mixed that with ignorance and you have cult.

Jah will protect his faithful loyal ones, so dont worry kids when violent persecution comes and it will because they are Jah's chosen ones, he will pop out of the sky and slay those who attempt to harm his people.

One thing to note is that Jah in this video looks pretty old by now, so the question remains will he make it to Armageddon ?

His son Jesus may be on his own.

The WTS still uses fear and ignorance to sustain its followers, past lies and corruption in all.

What else to do they have really, the WTS may have painted themselves into a corner.

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

That IS Jesus! He gets to do the fun stuff, killing all the non-believers, this time!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Why didn't the open the sky up last year and save the JW's in Russia from the "bad guys"? He couldn't even keep them from losing their kingdom halls and other properties.

What about the folks in Malawi who were butchered to death because they followed the Governing Body directives. The sky didn't open up and he didn't save them. In fact they are all but forgotten now by the current JW's. who are only interested in what matters to them personally and in seeing videos that reinforce their own feeling of safety.

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

stillin:
    You are absolutely right.
    This video divides right down the line, the "good people" (JWs) , and the "bad people" (evil men with assault weapons).
    But in reality, that "Great Day of Jehovah" will also include the wholesale massacre of totally inoffensive people, men, women, children, babies, who never really had ill will toward these strange, sad ones called JW's, or never thought much about them, if at all. Or looked at their literature, and said "nope, too hateful/strange/convoluted/inaccurate for ME to believe in." Or, never heard about them at all.
    This video presents dubs as persecuted victims (the whole assembly has this theme), but in reality, they are really believers in a ghoulish revenge fantasy.

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

A video snippet about two brothers from Malawi WAS played in the final talk, dramatizing two incidents with a black and a white brother.
    For some idiotic reason, they risked their lives on some "theocratic duty", and the white brother almost gets killed by black soldiers at a ferry crossing, but the black brother, who was told he was free to go, pleads for his companions life, offering his life instead. So, they are let go to travel on.
    Later on, they are driving through another town, and a crowd gathers around them, and they demand to see the black brother's political identity card (and DON'T get me started on THAT subject!). The white brother, using his quick wits, does the ...obvious thing, and drives on, leaving a crowd on foot to shake their fists (Well, DUH!). Not as dramatic as willfully standing in front of a rifle, I guess.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Not many in the audience will think of regular people being killed by Jesus. See, it's just the satan driven military types that will die.

But the children. They will think of the nice friend at school, seeing Jesus coming to kill them. And the JW child, will feel fearful for wishing that their friend wouldn't die as well as thinking of some small thing they did that might turn Jesus's arrow at them.

1. Didn't really study for the meeting like they said they did.
    2. Didn't want to come to the assembly.
    3. Doodled with their pencil or daydreamed while there.

Remember the video with Noah and his family dying because they didn't listen?

• sir82
    sir82

Propaganda is used because propaganda works.

Most people who remain JWs, choose to remain so for emotional reasons - want to see dead grandma again, want to "have a purpose in life", want to feel like they are doing something "important", etc.

The WTS has figured out that thousands of pages of dry doctrinal dissertations in their "literature" don't have much appeal these days, so they appeal to emotions instead.

It works on those who choose not to see through it.

• Alive!
    Alive!

I want to cry. But no tears left.

I’m just so grateful these ‘film’ producers don’t hold me and my faith in the palm of their fear-mongering hands.

IF, and only IF their Armageddon theology ‘could’ be true...they STILL have no, absolutely no idea how it will look.

Yet....An army of sinister shooters running towards a group of parka-clad people standing out in an opening...is this as real as the ancient prophets being resurrected to live in an American mansion in 1925?

I feel gutted to know people who I love allow their eyes and ears to be filled with such menacing delusion and BASELESS but horribly manipulative imagery.

• freddo
    freddo

Joseph Goebbels was clever at gilding and polishing a turd ...

On May 1st 1945, in the ruins of the Nazi Germany he helped create he and his wife Magda killed themselves after murdering their six children as the Russians closed in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit