JW elders stumped by Watchtower Publications

by Roger Kirkpatrick 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I'm with crazyguy, I doubt this happened either. In my experience Jehovah's Witnesses change the subject the second they get the slightest hint you're "winning" the argument and/or get passive-aggressive and hostile. The ones you talked to stayed remarkably calm and on topic.

• Zoos
    Zoos
    I asked, “In view of that statement, why do Jehovah’s Witnesses actively shun exemplary Christians, including family members, who voluntarily leave the religion for conscientious reasons, such as Watchtower teachings which contradict the Bible?”

The answer is, of course....... "Well, cuz."

• stillin
    stillin

I think that anytime somebody challenges them scriptural, and actually has a line of thought, they go home and question themselves. They think that they have the monopoly on that and that everybody else is an imbecile.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I give the elders credit. At least they stuck around for a while. Who knows?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The way most interactions at a cart would go is:

JW: "It is nice that you have questions. If you go to JW.ORG you will find more information. Have a lovely day"

• blondie
    blondie

I found when using the scriptures with elders, they would tell me that I did not understand it. I would always have a photocopy of the page the most recent WTS explanation appeared (like mine), read the highlighted part, and offered them the copy asking if they found something more recent I would appreciate knowing. Once I went to the KH library, pulled the appropriate volume, and showed them the WTS view. I was told once by an elder that an apostate must have sneaked and replaced that volume with an altered one (hard to believe he said that just to win a point). I would always talk to another elder soon after to get his response and ask "why then did brother so-and-so tell me this when the society says this most recently (of course he would question my truthfulness). He would look confused and say he would check into it. Elders are told never to correct another elder if talking to a ordinary publisher.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

that scenario would never have happened in a million years, they would have just folded the carts up and headed to the nearest coffee shop but a good cardboard cutout for exjw's that have become Evangelical Christians who want to try and reach out to active jw's going about their cart work and I predict the amount of success this approach will have to be absolutely zero, two classes of Christians? who GAF? none of it remotely exists

• Mace.Bean
    Mace.Bean

I find it interesting that several of those commenting are too hung up on deciding whether this incident actually happened or not, instead of appreciating the narrative which is clearly posted to illustrate a good way to show JWs from their own publications flaws in their own teachings. These dipsticks probably thought the sister's talks on the ministry school were actual conversations which were being reenacted.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

We're all adults here aren't we, Mace.Bean? The OP claimed it happened. It doesn't sound like it happened. That's all we're saying. Maybe you should work on "tact" in your next talk.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    JW: "It is nice that you have questions. If you go to jw.org you will find more information. Have a lovely day."

Translation: "Look pal, I'm just trying to count some time for my service record slip, okay? Please fuck off."

:smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit