And so it begins

by Yerusalyim 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Tom Green, the convicted polygamist in Utah, is requesting (through his lawyers of course) that the Supreme Court overturn his convictions based both on the Supreme Court ruling on the Texas Sodomy Law and the Massachucetts Supreme Court Ruling on Gay marriage.

So begins the trip down the slippery slope.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I was wondering how long it would take until other "alternative" lifestyles would use those court cases. Down the road, polygamy could look comparatively "tame".

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yup, once homosex and poligamy are legalised, your country will fall apart into total anarchy and satan worship. I guess it's a race to see if w bush and the police state will be able to head it off, catching it at the pass, as it were.

hyperbolously yours, SS

Does the govt belong in peoples' bedrooms, anyway?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I doubt this will make it through the courts... polygamy is known to be harmful because parents will marry off their very young daughters to very old men.

I don't see how a gay marriage is harmful... just two people wanting to establish a long-term committed relationship. That is a good thing? and the very idea behind marriage if you ask me

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, we are assuming that the individuals involved were not underage and were not coerced/pressured into the relationship.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Good for him! If consenting adults want to engage in marriage, group marriage or....or....whatever, let them! B.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Yippeeee!! Polygamyyyyy!!!!

Expatbrit

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    Yup, once homosex and poligamy are legalised, your country will fall apart into total anarchy and satan worship. I guess it's a race to see if w bush and the police state will be able to head it off, catching it at the pass, as it were.

Satan worship? No...Anarchy...quite possibly...this guy had 29 kids...imagine the child support...or lack there of...and the tax payers having to pick up the bill for it...just like the gal on welfare that took fertility drugs and had four kids which the tax payers now support...cuz she wanted to be a (unwed) mom.

Either we uphold traditional marriage...or do away with it completely...if it's ok for gays to Marry...then so can polygamists...Dads can marry their daughters when they turn 18....or their dogs....

I forsee an amendment to the Constitution defining marriage.

• Aztec
    Aztec
    once homosex and poligamy are legalised, your country will fall apart into total anarchy and satan worship.

I love you SS!

Yes, Expat, I'm back so don't hurt yourself or try to lick my damn toes okay? I still dare you to use an emoticon......

~Aztec

• bigboi
    bigboi

I don't understand what the deal is. Topics like this make it seem as though nothing went on before the Supreme Court hears a case and decides whether or not it's 'constitutional'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit