Question.

by phats 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• phats
    phats

Hi, Is there a scripture saying it's okay to beat your wife with a stick no thicker than a mans thumb or is this a myth?

I remember something & have done some serching but need help.

Phats.

• Doctor Who
  • cofty
    cofty

The Quran gives men permission to beat their wives.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

The book of Proverbs says it's ok to beat your child with a rod. Wives...not so much..... but the Watchtower has written numerous accounts of wives who were beaten, locked out of their own house in their underwear in the cold, and were praised for staying with the SOB. In one article a woman named Selma (beaten for 17 years by her husband) was told to ask herself what SHE could do to be a BETTER wife, implying maybe she was asking for it. Not ONCE was anyone in these articles told to call the authorities or find a safe house etc.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Traditionally the governing body of jehovah's witnesses have approved the use of the Watchtower magazine for theocratic men and weasels in controlling and subjecting their wives and children.

However, a rolled up Watchtower magazine used to be the thickness of a man's thumb but with downsizing and cutbacks it's now no thicker than a pinkie finger. To compensate for the wee pinkie size of male jehovah's witnesses the governing body released the silver sword edition of the bible. This silver sword is able to cleave open the hearts and minds of all those who refuse to recognize the Watchtower appointed headship of window washer elders.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Hi, Is there a scripture saying it's okay to beat your wife with a stick no thicker than a mans thumb or is this a myth?

I remember something & have done some serching but need help.

Phats.

The National Domestic Violence Hotline
    1−800−799−7233
    http://www.thehotline.org/

• phats
    phats

Thanks, I must have got my info wrong.

Don't worry scatchme1010 I'm not asking to beat my still in wife we are still very much in love & together. hah.

Phats.

• fokyc
    fokyc

*** g88 11/22 p. 7 When the Battering Will Stop ***

In England, 19th-century legislators tried to reduce the suffering of women by determining legally how large the stick could be. They devised what was known as the rule of thumb law, which allowed a man to beat his wife with a stick “no larger around than his thumb.”

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

3rdgen: In one article a woman named Selma (beaten for 17 years by her husband) was told to ask herself what SHE could do to be a BETTER wife, implying maybe she was asking for it. Not ONCE was anyone in these articles told to call the authorities or find a safe house etc.

Sadly, that's very true - here is the account:

Watchtower 15 February 2012, page 29, paragraphs 11 and 12

(Sorry, don't seem to be able to insert an image of the scan)

Link to scan

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Cofty I thought it was the opposite. I thought the Quouran stated it was *not* ok to beat your wife, even with a feather.

Maybe Jwdaughter May be able to help with this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit