Question.

by phats 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe, but if you want to get rid of your annoying dishonoring kid, you can have them brought before the High Priests and have them stoned to death.

You can certainly beat your slaves if you have any.

Aren't the ancient Hebrews a loving civilized lot, they remind me of certain Muslims.

• blondie
    blondie

Not in the bible and the reputable sources about secular law say it is a myth.

But the bible does have this law.

Exodus 21:20-21New International Version (NIV)

20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

• honest
    honest

Not in the Bible but most definately in the Quran :

Qur'an 4:34 (Shakir)—Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

• phats
    phats

Thank you blondie,

That's great.

I was speaking with my born in, still in elder relative & he said there was nothing like that that he had ever read.

Now I have a little retort.

Phats.

• cofty
    cofty
    Cofty I thought it was the opposite. I thought the Quouran stated it was *not* ok to beat your wife, even with a feather. Maybe Jwdaughter May be able to help with this. - Dio

Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand. - An Nisa 4:34

I have invited JW Daughter to disavow this verse numerous times. So far she has declined to do so. Muhammed was a pedophile and a wife beater.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

But the bible does have this law.

Exodus 21:20-21New International Version (NIV)

20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

thanks blondie

the OP may wish to 'find' the above bible reference by getting the JW's Insight book and looking under the heading 'Beating'.

Via the Watchtower Online Library: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200000592

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit