A & E documentary - family fall-out

by Tallon 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• silas hobbs
    silas hobbs

Yes, it really happens. I did it to my oldest daughter who at 17 said she wanted nothing to do with the religion.Her biggest mistake was that she was baptized at 14 ,,before she read the fine print as to the implications of being a baptized JW. This was done after a demo at a CA which had a family who had a daughter who wanted out and the parents said that " This is a Christian Household and any who did not abide by their values could not live their".

Looking back I hate that person that I was,,brainwashed into beliveing their claptrap, putting those bastards ahead of my family. 8 years latter I woke up and left ,fortunently my wife also woke up. My daughter came home 2 years later and was reinstated. She is now out of the religion with her kids and returned to school becoming a RN now working on her MSN

I have apologized to her and she assures us of her forgiveness but my heart still condemns me for doing such things.

I have told former friends that I would never put religion above family and as such they consider me as the villian for leaving that horrible religion.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

silas hobbs, I'm happy to hear your family has reconciled and that your daughter has forgiven you and is pursuing an education and career.

May I ask what woke you and your wife up? For me, the prospect of shunning my son when he was disfellowshipped was the last straw.

My daughter walked away at age 17 and committed the exact "sins" he was disfellowshipped for. Because her transgressions were not known to the congregation, I was told I could have a relationship with her. She would have to "make things right when she returned", but my son was "being disciplined by Jehovah", and if we were back in Israel, I would have to have thrown the first stone.

It was all about appearances. Half the elders told me I would have to shun him when he moved out, and the other half (who, by the way, had relationships with their DF'd children) advised to go ahead and check in with him about his well being, but not let it be known in the congregation. Hypocrites!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I have told former friends that I would never put religion above family and as such they consider me as the villain for leaving that horrible religion.

That's one of the biggest problems entwined with the JWS cult is that the leading men were quite willing to break up families to those who didn't accept their lies and corruption as god's chosen FDSL or earthly publishing house, they were actually false prophet apostates to Jesus and Jehovah for going against scriptural instructions laid out by Jesus in how to preach his Gospel.

Unfortunately these forced family disseminations caused a few suicides

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Pale Emperor This sounds rather extreme even for JWs... not saying it's not true but im not entirely convinced.

Pale I'm surprised, coming from the UK, you say this. It's perfectly legal to kick your kids out at 16 since they are considered, for all intents and purposes, adults at 16 in the UK. Ok you can't get a drivers licence ( immovable on that) but you can very easily get around not having parents permission to marry and live alone ( if you have the cash)no problem.

While it is true local authorities who already have kids in their care, Make sure they are appropriately supervised and cared for etc until they are 16 in theory.

There are literally scores and scores of 16/17 year olds sleeping rough, whose parents have chucked them out, in London.

• Dagney
    Dagney

One can only hope more and more will respond in the same manner.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TALLON:

I’m so sorry to hear about young people thrown out of their homes because they don’t want the Jehovah’s Witness religion.

I personally know of two cases (years ago) where this happened! The young people in question turned out fine.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The cong I was in the "loveliest sister" with the "loveliest elder" husband and "loveliest family" disowned two of their daughters overnight one for announcing her intention to marry a divorced worldly guy the other for not wanting to go to meetings anymore. They kicked the younger one out of the house and have missed out on two subsequent grandchildren's births since.

Hell hath no fury like a JW parent whose children dare to show independent thought.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

How the hell do these parents get away with it? In the US, parents have to take care of their kids until they are 18. Why aren't they charged with abandonment or neglect?

Glad you could help them out, though. I imagine they will have a tough time of it for awhile. What an awful thing for them to have to deal with.

• carla
    carla

Wouldn't the parents still have to pay child support? I hope they go after it. On one hand I hope it makes headlines but on the other hand these kids have been put through enough. Wishing the kids all the best in a non jw future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit