I Wonder What Tony Tightpants Morris Thought Of Prince?

by pale.emperor 17 Replies latest social humour

• sir82
    sir82

My issue with the whole "tight pants" talk was not so much the content (JWs don't like gays or modern fashion - not a new revelation), but the timing.

It was a big deal at the time. It was the dedication of the new Warwick complex. For the very first time, Kingdom Halls across the world were simultaneously tied to a Bethel broadcast.

Millions of JWs were gathered together to hear "spiritually upbuilding" material.

Did Morris take that opportunity to praise God? Maybe talk about God's love, or his forgiveness, or his mercy?

Or maybe he would thank the millions of JWs who contributed hundreds of millions of dollars for his brand new apartment and corporate headquarters?

Nope.

He instead chose to focus on snarling at "homosexuals" and "men in tight pants" and "women in spanx".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My issue with the whole "tight pants" talk was not so much the content (JWs don't like gays or modern fashion - not a new revelation), but the timing.

Exactly what I told my mother after the event. "This is the best the GB has to offer when they have upwards of a million faithful JWs all listening at one time?" Tight pants and bright socks. GEEZ!

To answer the original question -- He probably was thinking "HOW MUCH DID HE LEAVE US IN THE WILL?"

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    It was a big deal at the time. It was the dedication of the new Warwick complex. For the very first time, Kingdom Halls across the world were simultaneously tied to a Bethel broadcast.

Okay you're talking about 3 different events, all 2 years apart. The first time all halls were tied in was in 2013 to release the new Bible. The time he talked about tight pants was in 2015 at the local needs for the US Branch Visit. The Warwick dedication was in 2017.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Okay you're talking about 3 different events, all 2 years apart.

Sometimes it all becomes a blurr!

Right, Sir?

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Neat blue dog: released a new bible?wtf im so out the loop... isnthere a thread on this i can use to catch up?

• neat blue dog
  • scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

NBD: Thank you.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

sir82

Is spot on... .Such an occasion to deliver an important up building message to the people who are giving such a life saving message to the world that is facing judgement from a God that could mean their life or death ...., and he comes up with ...... tight pants and spanx ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit