40 Years Ago Today: May 15th 1984 "1914 Generation" issue was released. False prophecy, thy name is WatchTower.

by WingCommander 49 Replies latest jw friends

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

For the edification of Rattigan350:

"Jehovah as the great Interpreter makes known the meaning of his revelations in his due time, and speculation by men cannot bring to light the true meaning of prophecy before time. Jehovah has provided a channel, the "faithful and discreet slave" class, who are given spiritual "food at the proper time", and this spiritual food includes among other things the understanding of the prophecies in the course of their fulfillment. -The Watchtower April 15, 1952 pg 253 paragraph 19

"Whom has God actually used as his prophet? By the historical facts of the case Christendom is beaten back in defeat. Jehovah's witnesses are deeply grateful today that the plain facts show that God has been pleased to use them. ... It has been because Jehovah thrust out his hand of power and touched their lips and put his words in their mouth. - The Watchtower January 15, 1959 pgs 40-40 paragraph 13 & 14

"Armageddon. This war will come in the 20th century. It will come right on schedule..." - AWAKE February 22, 1961 pg 8 paragraph 2

No amount of mental gymnastics or abuse of language can hide the actual strident, forthright and dogmatic claims the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses has made over the years. The LIES are in print for all to read if they care to investigate. The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses is made up of FAKERS, FOOLS, FRAUDS and FUCK-UPS. Thus has it always been and thus shall it always be.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

This is the motive behind the elders wanting older literature handed back to the kh.

To destroy them so the Borg can reinvent itself.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

@ Beth Sarim:

Actually, it's not exactly the Elders that wanted the old literature tossed back around 2015. That direction came directly from WT HQ to the literature Servant. All old literature from before a certain date was to be thrown in the trash, and NOT EVEN TO BE HANDED OUT. Thrown away!

This is the very last straw that woke up Martin Haugh. He walked in to the rest of the Elders behind the literature counter with a large trash can tote, just throwing it all away. "Truth" yesterday, was "Old Light" today, and canned in the trash. It woke him all the way up.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Russell's original interpretation of 1914 was that it would be the end, not the beginning of the end. I'm guessing that the people who were really disappointed in his mistake were the JWs who believed that he was guided by anything but his own ideas. The rest of us were taught that he never said any of this, that he pegged the start of the last days because god was helping him. My generation of witnesses would have been disappointed by 1975, not 1914.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Proclaimers book 1993.

Revelation Climax book 1988

Reasoning book 1985

Aid to Bible Understanding

Bound volumes from the 1970s, 1980s & 1990s

My Book of Bible Stories 1978

Live Forever book 1982

These books are Golden!!

Which I have these!!!

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Chevelle, it was only false because you believed it to be false. Deut 18 does not apply.

1914 is true.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Disgruntled fool, Those 1952, 59, 61 Watchtowers do not change what I said.

1914 is not a false prophesy.

It is not even of Russell. That preceded him.

To have a prophesy, there must be a prophet.

The problem is that you all don't understand the actual Bible prophesies and their application through time.

• Ding
    Ding

"1914 is true"?

What's "true" about it?

Please explain, and please don't merely assert unverifiable invisible happenings.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

RATtigan350 is a victim-blaming, WatchTower loving, TOOL!

The same type who kisses the GB's asses and think's their just freakin' dandy! Divine even! This person can't get enough. Say, what the fuq are you even doing on here? I'm sure there's a CO's ass out there that itching for your warm lips?

• Halcon
    Halcon

The one time I let my tongue slip in front of elders was when I pointed to an old version of a book (Reasoning book?... can't remember) and I said "isn't that now apostate literature?"

I got confused smiles but nothing more thankfully. Later on I thought I was being hyperbolic but then realized I could very well have been spot on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit