40 Years Ago Today: May 15th 1984 "1914 Generation" issue was released. False prophecy, thy name is WatchTower.

by WingCommander 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorb
    Gorb

I remember it well, was 13 years old.

The meetings were long, boring and full of doctrine. No room.for doubts.

The book you can life for is worth to mention. We were promissed a paradise.

What a scam is was, with hind sight.

Our family was not fanatic, there was discussion.

Then came the late 80's and early 90's with the Revelation book, the Daniel phantasy book and the 1995 generation change. The moment I became daubting

G.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

@Gorb:

Yes! I should have mentioned the "Live Forever" book that came out right before these magazines, probably 1983. Very nicely illustrated ( to a child anyway ) and sticks in my mind.

And the back of the Awake! magazine with the "Creator Promise" that these things would happen before the Generation of 1914 passes away.

They presume to speak in the name of God, then have the unmitigated GALL to call the people with brains enough to see them as the false prophets they are, "Apostates" for daring to call them out on their made-up BS!!!

That scripture in Deuteronomy applies to them perfectly, as does Jesus' own warning about people coming after him later, claiming to be Him, speaking for Him, being in secret chambers, etc. Fits the WatchTower cult to a "T"!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WING COMMANDER:

Yes, they have insulted everybody’s intelligence for so long.

They cannot tolerate anybody ‘waking up’ or showing intelligence of any sort and asking questions. Think of the story of “The Emperor’s New Clothes” with everybody going along with the charade and the little kid at the end who exclaims “the Emperor is naked”…To the religion, that little kid would be an apostate.

I also feel that people should have woken up with the 1995 Generation teaching.. I certainly did.. Then that ‘Overlapping’ nonsense came out and maybe some more woke up. I certainly have no respect for anybody who stayed after this - but many JWs are desperate to believe the religion and make excuses for it. The older diehards who are there now aren’t going anywhere no matter what is taught! 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

FYI, it is not a false prophesy because it was not a prophesy. IT was an interpretation of scripture.

That's why people proclaiming the rapture is not a false prophesy as that also is an interpretation of scripture. That is a misinterpretation of scripture.

1914 is a valid interpretation of scripture. You all are just disappointed because it didn't result in what you wanted it to be.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I always knew, very young, that this religion was not for me, but I knew that I had to “go along to get along”. Then came the 1975 BS, I half believed that I would die in 1975, at 16. Then came January 1st, 1976. I was mentally done, had a chat with my elder dad, he said that they were not false prophets, they just “made a mistake”. It took time, but when I left, I left, sudden fade. Haven’t stepped foot in a KH for anything except a funeral for family members. No memorial, nothing. Glad to be out. 😁

• titch
    titch

So then, Ratigan350, it was not a false "prophecy". OK, I'll accept that ...then It was a "false prediction"....a "false expectation." Whatever term you want to use for it, it was all false. Erroneous. Untrue. An illusion. --- Best Regards....Titch.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

LHG;

They cant tolerate anyone waking up or showing any kind of intelligence.

This is what makes me so mad.

They(borg) think they can just lead people by the nose & hope they(sheeple) never use their heads & do any critical thinking skills or research.

The hope people stay blind and uneducated. The Borganization knows exactly what they are doing.

Infuriating.

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

I got baptized in a circuit assembly in late 1984 because of that Witch Tower Rag. 🤦🏻

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

Ratigan... it was false

(Deu 18:20-22; Acts 1:7)

the noun you choose to place after that word is completely irrelevant and doesn't change the fact that it was false.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Chevelle;

I concur. It definitely was false.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit