See you in a couple weeks

by Biahi 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    What is it about the Mediterranean cruises that people love?

I think Biahi is from the US so I suppose a med cruise is a good way to see a lot of Europe in a couple of weeks.

When I went to Norway they were trying to sell me these enormous drinks packages and I thought I'll never spend that even if I have two glasses of wine a night with dinner. I noticed some people drink all day, a booze cruise as you say LV101.

• LV101
    LV101

Re/Med cruises: Appreciate the info and makes sense. Not sure I could stand being in the Euro territory and having limited time frame to de-board and spend only a few hrs. on land but I realize cruises have advantages (per my older friends/lol) especially for those golden yrs. when it's harder to schlep through airports/trains and all the walking. I know many younger people who love cruising - booze cruises and although they experience just a glimpse of Euro places that's enough for them.

• LV101
    LV101

Norway sounds wonderful -- I've only been to Oslo and not long enough but someday, hopefully, I'll see more of it.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yes Norway was beautiful and a cruise seemed to me the best way to see the fjords.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That’s a good point. Who would want to be on a cruise with JWs??

Who would want to live in a world that's all JWs? How could that be "paradise"?

• blondie
    blondie

DOC, I actually said that to some elders after explaining how I had been treated by WTS members over the last 40 years in many congregations. I gave specific examples especially those in their congregation. They did not disagree with me. I asked, "If every time I came, I was slapped literally in the face, wouldn't you want to stay out of slapping range? I think you would.? Why then would I want to be in the "paradise" with the same people?"

Who would want to live in a world that's all JWs? How could that be "paradise"?

• LV101
    LV101

DOC - I said the same thing to JWs -- I wanted nothing to do with it and helped me make a split decision to never return -- no internet info or apostate lit to review. You either fit in or you don't. Think I read a book about birds one time or something called 'Running with the Wolves' -- whatever, and made sense to me.

• LV101
    LV101

Xanthippe - sounds perfect to me and beautiful sights - thx for share.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Ooooo very jealous!! Can we have some wonderful scenic photos when you get back please?

My son is going to Iceland with the school next year for Geography GCSE. Very exited for him.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Have a great time. I'm just back from Canada. It's good to have a change of scenery and pace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit