A Seal Ring bearing King Hezekiah's found in Jerusalem excavation, with ankh symbol and winged sun

by fulltimestudent 29 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

From a story in The Jewish Press:

Quote: "The City of David excavations of the Jerusalem Hebrew University on Mount Ophel, at the foot of the southern wall of the Temple Mount compound, have yielded a sensational discovery: a seal (bulla) with the name of King Hezekiah (727-698 BCE)."

King Hezekiah’s Seal

"King Hezekiah’s bulla was discovered in a garbage heap that was dumped during or shortly after Hezekiah’s time, from a royal building that was used to store food. This building is part of a series of buildings, including a gate and towers, which were built in the second half of the tenth century BCE (the time of King Solomon), as part of the Ophel fortifications of the new government complex that connected the city of David with the Temple Mount."

"The Hezekiah seal bears the inscription: “Hezekiah (son) Ahaz King of Judea,” with an emblem of the sun emblem with tilted down wings and two icons of the Ankh (symbol of life)."

Link: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/king-hezekiahs-seal-discovered-in-jerusalem/2015/12/02/

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    Oh dear! It seems that Hezekiah forgot to study his Watchtower.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

What? Pagan worship in Israel? I am shocked! Shocked I tell you!

Despite his imperfection, Hezekiah was a man of faith. He knew that his God, Jehovah, is a real person who has feelings. When under pressure, Hezekiah prayed fervently to Jehovah, and Jehovah answered him. Jehovah God granted him peace for the rest of his days, and for that, Hezekiah was grateful.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Satan put that there I tell you!!

To try to mislead the faithful.

Ha,.. NJy

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Satan put that there I tell you!!

That Bastard!

He probably thinks that he has to play dirty to get even with God screwing up things with the Flood, and the language change at Babel, and all those other tricks he pulled to keep humans from succeeding on their own abilities.

Doc

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hezekiah King of Judah

1 And it was in the third year of Hoshea the son of Elah, the king of Israel, that Hezekiah the son of Ahaz the king of Judah, became king.

2 He was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned twenty-nine years in Jerusalem, and his mother’s name was Abi the daughter of Zechariah.

3 And he did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, like all that his father David had done.

4 He abolished the high places, and smashed the monuments, and cut down the asherah, and crushed the copper serpent that Moses had made, for until those days the children of Israel were burning incense to it; and he called it Nehushtan.

Except on his ring, where he kept a sneaky Ankh , just in case!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    With this Egyptian symbolism, especially the winged sun, does it make the idea that the Jews first borrowed the concept of heinotheism (then monotheism) from the Egyptian worship of Aten, more plausable?
  • cofty
    cofty
    Amazing discovery
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I believe this king is the first Judean king ever to be known outside the Bible, therefore not a mythical king. Lets remember that the word lord in the Bible translates to Baal. Baal Zephron also known as Hadad which some equates to the Egyptian God Amun. This king was probably a pupet king of the Pharaoh.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

This find is awesome and helps to confirm my opinions that I mentioned in this thread I started.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/164120001/whose-god-you-worshipping

Awesome News today!!!!!!!

Malachi 4New King James Version (NKJV)

The Great Day of God

4 “For behold, the day is coming,
    Burning like an oven,
    And all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble.
    And the day which is coming shall burn them up,”
    Says the Lord of hosts,

“That will leave them neither root nor branch.
    2 But to you who fear My name
    The Sun of Righteousness shall arise
    With healing in His wings;

And you shall go out
    And grow fat like stall-fed calves.
    3 You shall trample the wicked,
    For they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet
    On the day that I do this,”
    Says the Lord of hosts.

4 Remember the Law of Moses, My servant,
    Which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel,
    With the statutes and judgments.
    5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet
    Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
    6 And he will turn
    The hearts of the fathers to the children,
    And the hearts of the children to their fathers,
    Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit