What happens to Bethelites?

by rickroll 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LV101:

When you say “any of us”, you mean anybody here who was once in bethel, right? That was never me..I was at the bottom of the list: just a low hour ‘publisher’, single working woman.

That would have been interesting if they said to me in the congregation: “you’re done”.. I would have said “Sayonara” even sooner. It’s true they didn’t like somebody like me: an independent working woman who they couldn’t target to do favors. I saw that the Witness religion wanted a single woman to mind OTHER people’s business instead of her own. I was wise to their shit.

No, I just stayed on the fringes, kept on working, when the 1995 Generation teaching came out, I knew it was over. Today I’m retired. After hearing what’s happened with the religion and all the bethelites who got axed plus panicked people who never saved, it is an understatement to say I’m glad I never listened to the religion.

• LV101
    LV101

LHG - "any of us" - I was around a few x-Bethelites (no problem with them) and a hardliner nut job who finally was accepted - cult needed her mate - but I can see how the desire could possibly happen for some buying into the magic. My lifestyle/social commitments always on the run (UBM) was never going to allow me to fit in -- other than for handouts/work, etc. Despots/crooks -- it was a horror story and I wasn't going to conform - ever.

• LV101
    LV101

LHG - hahahahahahah - love your term above "deadbeats" -- perfect. Haven't heard that in long time but it's great. I think some JWs are quite industrious.

You would have fit in better in different city re your career -- blessings you didn't but single women hold full time careers/jobs out here - just in case you ever re-enlist/lololol - NOT! Teachers, realtors, my XJW friend in retail (college degree and has always worked full time representing private skin care co inside exclusive dept store - she's salaried good $$$) etc. Believe me, I was as x-treme on fringe as one could possibly be but it's an isolation cult.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LV101:

Yes, I know there are industrious JWs but there are deadbeats and I met a few.. I always felt the religion encouraged these people. As another poster admitted: the religion made people feel good about being irresponsible!..Going out in the ministry and daydreaming about the new system...

I’m sure a lot of older Witnesses now in a panic about not having enough to retire on had better BE industrious!!

It’s a scary situation they are in and I hope they can catch up somewhat!..The religion feels no accountability in all this, sadly. All I can say is that I wish these people luck!

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

"Some not cared for properly, some asked to leave, some moved around."

GOOD!

Sorry no pity here! How are they any different than the other tens of thousand people who got screwed over and lost everything they had including good jobs family members their health and even their lives worshiping the Watchtower Bible and truck society!

Ah the poor Bethelites........really how about the many years they got fed, housed and clothed for free....unlike the rest of us.

The mother church abandon them just like it did the rest of us!

Welcome to the real world of life inside a cult.

• LV101
    LV101

I understand your reasoning, The Bethelite. What concerns me about cult service is the brain washing (psychological control) and parents holding their children hostage to the cult re/their approval/conditional love, etc. It's part of the pecking order and do-gooders hierarchy. Most children will do anything for their breeders' admiration/love. I've noticed this with Morman and JW members trying to elevate themselves in their status/rank -- it's an echelon thang. That's my position -- other than that I think X-Bethelites should jump a bus and roll up their sleeves -- do whatever it takes to feed themselves like anyone else -- they aren't entitled. The elderly/ill are obviously facing different circumstances but I'm sure the halls help them out. The halls I was at went the extra mile for the younger x-Bethelites.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THE BETHELITE:

I agree.. I personally don’t feel any pity either. I’m the one who was viewed negatively because of my secular job.

The religion owes them a payout of some sort for their full time service. But that still won’t solve their problem and they’ll still need a job and that’s where brothers with businesses can help!

But, as for those ex-bethelites who STILL ‘pioneer’, get a stipend and expect the congregation to regularly support them - well these people can starve as far as I am concerned..I’d never give them money.

Never once when I was active in that religion did I believe in supporting any wanna-be clergyman!. In fact, when I ‘studied’ I was told over and over that the JW religion has NO clergy class.. I realize the dilemma that these ex-bethelites won’t get their stipend unless they pioneer.. But, I could not care less about their dilemma.

• LV101
    LV101

LHG -- hahahahahaha -- now I know you wouldn't let anyone starve!

Yeah -- they've no clergy class alright. It's one heck of a pecking order inside those bunkers. I told one elder's kids (loved them -- good kids in college and treated differently because of it) they were part of the clergy class and they were rolling - couldn't deny it. There were some criminal kids -- papas were elders but I didn't blame the kiddos but the loser parents and the cult.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

In the 70s - 90s there was a celebrity couple that the entire circuit fawned over because they were missionaries in Thailand and slaved over there since the early 80s. The guys sister was in my congregation so they visited once a year.

Now that they're in their early 70s they've unceremoniously been removed from Thailand and are "normal" members of the congregation. No more fawning, no more special attention. It's a good thing this is the UK and they get a pension. But that's it. No savings, no nest egg, no insurance. I see them on the carts every now and then holding magazines for no one to take.

Very sad in deed. What a waste of a life.

• fulano
    fulano

@pale.emperor..

Why were they send back to the uk?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit