Bathing Daily Doesn’t Help The Planet

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

So many dirty people. Lol

• St George of England
    St George of England

Shower & shave every morning before breakfast.

Always have and now I don't work full time I'm too old to change.

A lot of JW's I know only seem to shower & shave when they have a meeting or FS coming up.

George

• LV101
    LV101

I was shocked at JW hygiene while attending local 2-day event at public domain -- can't recall what they were called. The stench so bad I had to move to different seat and 3-4 of us in group were separated due to limited seating -- crazy.

Soap/water -- a beautiful thing. WT clergy class needs to encourage their adherents to shower/bathe on a regular basis -- perfume isn't the answer! 'It Does the Body Good' and 'Just Do It'.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

One stanza of Carson Robison's old poem "Life gets Tejus" reads as follows:

Water in the well getting lower and lower,

Can't take a bath for six months more.

But I've heard it before and it's true i'm sure,

That too much bathing will weaken you.

So there you have it - overuse of soap and water is likely to weaken a person!

• LV101
    LV101

Rivergang -- that's hilarious!!

There's a saying caregivers have how difficult it is getting some of the elderly ones to shower/bathe -- like bathing a cat.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

This is a straight forward fairly brief yet thorough video explaining why water wars are likely going to be a major problem in the future.

Water shortages are already a big problem for places like Mexico City and Cape Town. Cape Town even began a countdown to their "day zero" when the water would literally run out. Following strict rationing and a laudable effort from the population, they were able to avert the taps literally running dry. Much of it is the result of poor city planning and the draining of rivers to make room for city buildings.

We are becoming better at conserving water but, who knows, maybe "sand baths" will become a thing of the future or maybe we'll go back to our grandparents weekly bath schedule again?!

https://youtu.be/HnJ4gjVZqao

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

There’s enough water, especially for bathing. The problem is location. People tend to live where water is available but a low threat. That also means there isn’t a whole lot of water there. Think California. Once these populations start growing however, you get a problem, together with poor water planning and government interventions like what is currently happening in China and California.

But the Saudis and Israelis have overcome these issues, sure it it isn’t cheap, but it’s not impossible, with nuclear power, you can basically desalinate water for practically free forever.

China has a major issue with water. All of their water is polluted, but the government doesn’t want to bring the market to bear so it is literally building waterways from one side of the country to the other, with disastrous results.

• Nicol
    Nicol

I have Tmau. I need a thousand showers.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I seriously consider showering in the yard during summer. Sponge baths could replace the d a ily shower-think camping

Desalination does make a problem with brine to sispose of

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit