Diane Abbott XD

by LoveUniHateExams 68 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

you agreed with Simon she was only in her position because she was a black woman - but her skin colour and gender aren't to blame for this, so I'm not blaming them and I don't think Simon blames them either.

PS - I hope you enjoyed Michael Howard making a tit of himself. XD

• Simon
    Simon
    Luhe, you agreed with Simon she was only in her position because she was a black woman, don't try to gaslight me

Not really strong on logic are you.

She is where she is in no small part due to her skin color and gender. Probably more than for her 'skills and expertise'. That doesn't mean that we're claiming she's stupid because of her skin color and gender. She used those to compensate for her stupidity.

I know it's hard for the left to grasp that not everyone judges people on the groups they fit into. Some of us judge people on individual merit.

• barry
    barry

Here is another one Tony Abbott I don,think they are related.

• barry
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456

David Cameron, the former prime minister, and his wife left their 8 year old daughter behind in the pub only realising what they'd done when they got home.

• Laika
    Laika

Diane Abbott is in the shadow cabinet because her political views align closely with the Labour leader's views (more so than the majority of the party's Mps) and because she has shown loyalty to the Labour leader when the other party Mps tried to force him out.

Black women have been highly underrepresented as Mps and in the cabinet, being a black woman is not a path to easy street, white people who tell them their achievements are down to 'colour' is one of the extra obstacles black women need to overcome to achieve political ambitions that white men never have to face.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Laika

Diane Abbott is in the shadow cabinet because her political views align closely with the Labour leader's views (more so than the majority of the party's Mps) and because she has shown loyalty to the Labour leader when the other party Mps tried to force him out.
    Black women have been highly underrepresented as Mps and in the cabinet, being a black woman is not a path to easy street, white people who tell them their achievements are down to 'colour' is one of the extra obstacles black women need to overcome to achieve political ambitions that white men never have to face.

Laika yes I agree and I think these are the reasons she puts herself out there. Like Obama she will be appreciated more in the future after we have managed to face up to racism. I also don't think she is as ultra left wing as Corbyn is.

another piece that is relevant to this discussion particularly as wealth grows/egenders wealth well into the future

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/%E2%80%98david-cameron%E2%80%99s-ancestors-received-slavery-compensation%E2%80%99

PRIME MINISTER David Cameron’s ancestors were among those who received billions of pounds in compensation after slavery was abolished, a study has claimed.
    The previously unseen records show exactly who received what in payouts from the Government when slave ownership was abolished by Britain in 1833.
    Dr Nick Draper from University College London (UCL), who led the study, says as many as one-fifth of wealthy Victorian Britons derived all or part of their fortunes from slavery.
    The records show that Mr Cameron’s first cousin six times removed, General Sir James Duff, an army officer and MP for Banffshire, was awarded £4,101, equal to more than £3m today, to compensate him for the 202 slaves he forfeited on the Grange Sugar Estate in Jamaica.

Mr Cameron declined to comment after a request was made to the No 10 press office, The Independent said.

Other prominent people named included popular author George Orwell, whose great-grandfather, Charles Blair, received £4,442, equal to £3m today, for the 218 slaves he owned, it is also claimed.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

you all may be wondering why I am putting the above info out here. well the reason is that such research benefits us all as most of us are struggling with the emphasis on GDP economic growth particularly as the costs for this is borne by people at the bottom.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

This gaffe may not be something to laugh about But Diane Abbott is supporting the unfortunate windrush people who are being threatened with deportation because the conservative gov destroyed all their papers. will it be even more of a laughing matter when they claim compensation. This gaffe has very real consequences.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43806710

• freddo
    freddo

Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby ... (with apologies to the Kaiser Chiefs)

"Everyone" supports the "Windrush" people.

Jeez!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit