Diane Abbott XD

by LoveUniHateExams 68 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Freddo - I also like Portillo.

I didn't like him when he was an MP - Portillo himself has said that his younger self was a "tyke" who has "mellowed" over the years.

But I do like him since he's been a political pundit. A lot of what he says makes sense and he makes his often moderate points in a sensible, polite fashion.

I also like This Week. Compared to other political discussion shows, it's very 'cosy'. There's usually a good chemistry between Andrew Neil, Portillo and Abbott (and latterly Alan Johnson, Liz Kendall).

If you look at the vid in the OP, Portillo and Neil are laughing at Diane Abbott but there's no nastiness. It's all done good-naturedly.

Meanwhile, Diane Abbott's the gift that keeps giving!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/apr/16/diane-abbott-simulated-image-airstrike-syria-tweet

• cofty
    cofty

Abbott lacks the intelligence, knowledge and judgement that ought to be essential to some degree in any senior politician.

Her comment regarding Mao was outrageous. Her debacle over the costs of additional police officers was hilarious.

She will continue to succeed regardless under the protection of her former lover Corbyn.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

I love this edit with visuals. It was hilarious indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-grpwftFUw

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

^^^ yes the visual edits make it much better, and much funnier - particularly showing the figures written down as sums. It makes it easier for the viewer to see what a car-crash interview it truly was.

The funniest part, though - "Has this been thought through?" XD

Hahaha

F**k me ...

• Simon
    Simon

Intersectionality at work - she's there because she's black and has a vagina, that's her only 'qualifications' (oh, and shagging Corbyn obviously, I put that under the 'vagina' checkbox)

What a useless woman? She just went from costs being 300,000 pounds to pretty much a Billion. But hey, we'll just take more of other people's money!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Intersectionality at work - she's there because she's black and has a vagina - yeah, she's lucky she's black and female. A minority of a minority. She's a prime example of how stupid positive discrimination is. She's been promoted beyond her ability and is virtually untouchable because of her skin colour and genitalia.

What a useless woman - she and her colleagues are great at spending other people's money.

Here she goes head to head with Emily Thornberry ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWk29MhTb-g&pbjreload=10

It's close but I think Abbott wins XD

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Abbott doesn't interview well that's for sure. But how many of the people questioning her intelligence got into Cambridge I wonder?

On the two most important decisions of our generation she got them right, particularly on Iraq which she opposed strongly from the start. If only we had more like her in Parliament we might have avoided the worst mistake in decades.

Portillo seems a nice guy but he's all over the place. I think he supported the iraq war before he opposed it. And didn't he say he voted to leave the EU because he thought it couldn't happen and would be renegotiated? And remember Andrew Neill promoted the idea that AIDS wasn't caused by HIV.

Abbott may not intereview well but she's had better judgment than those two when it counts.

• cofty
    cofty
    she's had better judgment than those two when it counts

Defending Mao should permanently disqualify her from public office.

She is either a monster or suffering from an astonishing degree of ignorance.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What's worse expressing an odd opinion about Mao, or voting for an illegal war that has led to the deaths of millions?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

how many of the people questioning her intelligence got into Cambridge I wonder? - this comes very close to committing the appeal to authority fallacy.

Abbott did indeed get into Cambridge. This fact doesn't mean she should get an easy ride as an MP.

On the two most important decisions of our generation she got them right - voting against the Iraq war was one. The other?

If only we had more like her in Parliament we might have avoided the worst mistake in decades - this is wishful thinking, using the benefit of hindsight, I'm afraid. Plus, MPs' voting records on the Irag war isn't the be-all-and-end-all. The Lib Dems voted against the Iraq War to a man (or 'to a person', for that is non-gender specific). But the Lib Dem party is a joke, unfit to be a credible opposition, let alone form a government.

Portillo seems a nice guy but he's all over the place - not really. He, like many others, was duped by Blair & co., that's all. He's fairly consistent on his political views.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit