Diane Abbott XD

by LoveUniHateExams 68 Replies latest social current

• freddo
    freddo

I think Diane Abbott is a walking joke for the Labour party. She should stay where she is best. A backbench MP for an inner city borough of London with no further responsibility.

I personally didn't like Neil Kinnock/Tony Blair/Peter Mandelson kind of Labour very much and I certainly don't like Michael Foot/Jeremy Corbyn/Diane Abbott kind of Labour either.

It may not be popular but I liked John Smith/Robin Cook/Gordon Brown type labour. But they seemed to be in the middle in the swing from "loony left" to "Tory lite" and in the middle when it swung back again.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Well said Simon...the democratic vote certainly throws some spectacular spanners in the works....from all parties..sigh !!!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

So pls tell me then why you are cheered up by her gaffes when you are feeling depressed? - I can poke fun at a woman without being sexist. I can laugh at a black person without being racist.

This shouldn't really be an issue.

Golliwogs on jam jar labels was sooo eighties, Ruby XD

• Laika
    Laika

John mcdonnell has made quite a few silly comments in his time too, do you lot think he is only in his position because he is a white man?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

John mcdonnell has made quite a few silly comments in his time too - ah but he doesn't have Diane's comic potential, sorry.

do you lot think he is only in his position because he is a white man? - I guess this is what some hard-core feminists believe but I have my doubts. XD

Here is a funny clip involving a white man ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqU77I40mS0

XD

• cofty
    cofty

Abbott and Corbyn were lovers back in the day - what a horrendous mental image that is!

McDonnell is a self-confessed Marxist.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Abbott and Corbyn were lovers back in the day - what a horrendous mental image that is!

• Laika
    Laika

It seems pretty common to have people rise up into significant political positions whilst being clearly unqualified for the role, the majority I can think of throughout history are white men so if we're going to blame skin colour/gender for unqualified politicians I would think we should blame token hand outs to white men first.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

if we're going to blame skin colour/gender for unqualified politicians - I don't blame Abbott's skin colour or gender for her unsuitability as a top MP.

Go back and read my posts again.

• Laika
    Laika

Luhe, you agreed with Simon she was only in her position because she was a black woman, don't try to gaslight me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit