Tonight’s meeting

by lastmanstanding 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton
    "-The Watchtower says, in summary, that Jesus didn’t stop him because there was no congregation yet, the inference being that there was no Organization yet to tell him what he could or couldn’t do-". lms

If wt says said, they are contradicting their past statement on this (nothing new there), because:

According to wt, the transfer of authority from the Jewish system to the Christian system occurred at Pentecost.

The temple scheme was "god's" legit organisation before that; witness Jesus encouraging contributions to it, by the widows.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser
    If they are not part of the congregation they are against us!"

"If you're not with me, you're against me!" - Anakin Skywalker says to Obi-Wan Kenobi

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." - Obi Wan replies

Not long after this interchange of words Anakin becomes Darth Vader.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Sitting through a meeting after learning TTATT is painful beyond belief.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

But at that time The Christian Congregation had been formed. What is more Christian than Christ and his disciples? They think congregation is just people sitting in a building listening.

I was appalled at that explanation too. If they go by Jesus' explanation then every other religion that teaches Jesus is for him.

But Jesus' saying also goes against their stance on people distributing information in ways not with the congregation. They want all credit and glory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit