advice please/data protection

by Phoebe 28 Replies latest jw friends

• bennyk
    bennyk

Schwups! You'd really like to accommodate their wishes, but your husband (as your scriptural head) has forbidden you to do so...

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Just to go along with blues brother, this is a box ticking exercise for the local boys at the direction of the branch. It will fade away in a month or two as the hamster wheel spins on. There is always some form or some report they need to file and they will go away.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Phoebe, so sorry, it must seem like you're being stalked! That was one of the reasons I eventually resigned from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. So nice to be free of them all.

Don't give them any ammunition. If you are going to say anything at all, I like Freddo's response:

Don't sign it. Say no. "No I won't be signing that." is a complete discussion.
  • floridaborn
    floridaborn

Or use the lowly woman excuse...”I will have to ask my husband before I fill anything out”

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Just ignore they may never get back to you about it and that will prove they weren't genuinely concerned just crossing names off a list.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Can any of you tell me how to handle this, please?

I'd ignore it and if they ask me in person I lie telling that might have gone to the spam folder.

• Giordano
    Giordano

A simple answer is....

"I will have to have my attorney review these documents. He/she may call on you to present the official documents for the record and answer any questions necessary. That proceeding will be recorded and witnessed by a third party. I am told that should any harm come to me re my medical condition and/or treatment.......due to interference from the Society or individual Congregation members...... you as a spokesperson will be held responsible for any legal issues that arise.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I always like an "I'm good, thanks". I just repeat it over and over. No, is a complete sentence and you can go with that, and I've recommended that before. If it doesn't feel good or you're worried about how they'll take it, an "I'm good, thanks" repeated over and over again seems less confrontational than a simple NO. But we're worried about you..........I'm good, thanks. Well, you know that Jehovah is directing the organization and they need our information to protect us........I'm good, thanks. I'll have Brother Smith contact you to get that from you.........I'm good, thanks. Tony Morris just died.........I'm good, thanks. You just won the lottery!............I'm good, thanks. See, it works as a yes, as a no, as a celebration that the world is short one more horrible man or that I hit it big financially. I'm good, thanks.

• Della Street
    Della Street

You can just say, "Thanks for letting me know." If that doesn't work, you can always say
    "I'll need to go over this with my husband and get back to you." Then never get back to them.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

The face that an unauthorized elderette knows you haven't filled out these forms and that your dpa is overdue shows how much JW cares about your personal data.

They will share it with everyone and anyone whenever they want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit