advice please/data protection

by Phoebe 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I have just received an email from an elder's wife regarding the new data protection laws. Between the lines it sounds like she has been asked to contact me.

She says they 'don't want to leave me out' so they want me to fill out the form as 'I'm still part of the congregation'

Also, my blood card needs updating, apparently.

The elder in charge will be in contact.

Obviously, I'm not doing either, but what do I do? Just ignore is my first reaction but this is a small community it is nigh on impossible to leave the house without bumping into a witness.

I thought as I was now inactive I'd be left alone but obviously not. I only stopped going a year ago. Interestingly, they don't want my husbands. He hasn't been to a meeting for over 20 years.

Can any of you tell me how to handle this, please?

Thank you

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

just ignore it.

youre not still part of the congregation.

they will get the message eventually.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I agree with stan. Ignore it. No need to address it until they press the issue. If the matter is pressed, Politely decline without giving a reason.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I'll ignore then. Thank you.

The 'elder' doing the forms parks his car outside our house every week to go on the ministry with someone else.

If they press me, I just say: 'sorry, thank you for informing me, but I won't be filling out the form or the blood card.'

Is that okay??

• Simon
    Simon

Just don't reply, replying is of zero benefit to you and they have no right to one. Consider it spam.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Phoebe,

Oh no! Is this GDPR pressure?

I agree to ignore it.

That elder parking in front of your house is an asshole. Just like Jesus? or Just like Scientology?

Maybe ask your local GDPR person/ elected official how to respond if they ask again, and as I always request: Record it. If you can't immediately use the recording, you may be able to in the future. How about those door bell video recorders if you can afford it?

Also, do what you can to chill and relax.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

absolutely fine, phoebe! This is not a df’ing offense. Dont let them get into the why’s of it all, just decline.

• Splash
    Splash

If they press you into responding ask:

"Can I fulfill all of my scriptural obligations without signing the form? If not, which scriptural obligations are affected, and why?"

"In the instructions you received for getting people to sign this form, does it say that you must not pressure people to sign it? That being so, if I refuse to sign it, should that be the end of the matter?"

"If you wish to speak to me about my refusal to sign the form, would you object if I recorded the discussion?"

• freddo
    freddo

You have a pm Phoebe.

TLDR?

Don't sign it. Say no. "No I won't be signing that." is a complete discussion.

They may ask why or state veiled consequences and the answer is still "Nevertheless I won't be signing that."

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If you are inactive they will not have a current Ministry Record Card so what data will need protecting?

I would ignore it. If the elder asks you to sign , say you will do it if you submit a field service report.

If they gave me a blood card I would accept the blank one but never complete it . Participation the copy scheme is never 100%.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit