My unbelieving husband was offended by the WatchTower just studied

by Isambard Crater 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

As usual, the paragraph is worded in such a way as to provide wiggle room.

Dub: Oh.. we don't judge. Only Jeehobbity-hop can judge who is worthy of judgement.

How can anyone obey a God who apparently cannot even communicate properly, or even show up?

If Adventism is true, and God shows up, I would imagine that He/She/??? would have some kind of logical instructions and explanations to provide all of His/Her/???'s precious children..

"Hey everyone.. ummmm...sorry I didn't make it back sooner. I took the wrong wormhole back at the Crab Nebula, and then lost a chariot wheel.. Then the cherubs lost a lug-nut, and I had to circle back to Auto Zone.. Anyway... How's it going? Did I leave a flaming sword lying around by any chance??... No??"

I would laugh my ass off if God really showed up and instantly vaporized the GB and their lawyers.

DD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its just another reconfirmation that people who are practicing JWS are in Jehovah's favor and approval and wont be killed at the soon to come Armageddon..

Its also reconfirms the power and control the JWS leaders have, without the imposing provocation of fear, this organization wouldn't have gotten as far as it did.

• jp1692
    jp1692
    “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    That will not be the time for him to show compassion for those whom he has judged to be wicked

So how does this sit with congregation members now that they have almost no literature to preach with and the baptism numbers have dropped so drastically? If the preaching work has wound down and the end is imminent that's nearly everyone on earth that's going to die!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The assertion is that only baptized, "active", propaganda swallowing Dubs have any "scriptural" hope of survival.

Of course the GB and their ilk try to paint a different picture for the uninformed public and anyone who happens to investigate them in areas that may affect their bottom dollar.

Let's review: ..........

DD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fear might be the only avenue to take for the WTS. for there is so much information they are battling with as false prophets running their own publishing house.

Without fear the doctrines the WTS created such as 1914, 1925, 1975 would have never held up for the duration they did.

Those doctrines were also advantageous for the marketing of the literature the WTS published.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I was informed by a second a party how upset a little child was because Jehovah was going to kill all his friends. There was no way I could talk to and comfort that dear little family member who's been taken away from me.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

As Fred Franz said, "You have to kill the little nits to get rid of lice." I'm paraphrasing...

DD

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If you husband was offended by the article it means he read it correctly as the JW message is actually a very offensive message.

Tell him congratulations from me he is immune to WT mind-fuckery.

• steve2
    steve2

"Jehovah will execute all of those who disobey" and "Jehovah is a God of compassion" - both in the very same article. Quite a feat of propaganda, huh?

And we once smilingly swallowed this vile dichotomy - almost makes me ashamed of the warm hope I had that everyone outside JWs ranks would be destroyed by this God of compassion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit