My unbelieving husband was offended by the WatchTower just studied

by Isambard Crater 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

It was the paragraph talking about people who don't want to be J.W's being executed, and it being an act of compassion from Jehovah towards his Witnesses.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Can you post a link of the paragraph?

It sounds very disturbing indeed.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Para 10, Page 10-11 September 2017 Study edition:

The time is coming when he will execute judgment on all those who refuse to obey him. (2 Thess. 1:6-10) That will not be the time for him to show compassion for those whom he has judged to be wicked. Rather, executing them will be an appropriate expression of God’s compassion for the righteous, whom he will preserve.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2017562

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

This Jehovah guy sounds charming. Anyone got his number?

• zeb
    zeb

So here we go execution is imminent. So why did they build the palace? why the raking in the money? etc etc etc

It look like there is none found righteous in Syria then or (list any numbers of hell holes)

• carla
    carla

He ought to look at some of the old stuff! he would be downright apoplectic

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks for that Dreary.

........and people worship a psycho like that?

Worse still, people lap up this utter BS from the self serving rock star popes......who are not infallible or inspired by the way..........as if it's actually truth.

The person writing this horsesheisse should be encouraged to retract it with a lethal injection up their arse.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Compassion my foot! A clear example of Watchtower F.O.G. Fear, Obligation and Guilt.

If you told a child that if he did not obey God that God will kill him, this would be outrageous child abuse.

To say it to an adult is an insult to his or her intelligence....... and to believe it, is a sad admission of gross naivety.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    executing them will be an appropriate expression of God’s compassion for the righteous, whom he will preserve.

Charming little comment right there.

Plus "appropriate" is one of their favourite words. They consider themselves the world experts on what is "appropriate", from when it's "appropriate" to ignore family members to when is an "appropriate" time for God to act. I'd like to do a search of WT literature for "appropriate" occurrences. They are especially good at telling God what is appropriate.

How would we ever know what is appropriate without Watchtower to tell us?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

True narcissistic behaviour by the GB in writing such stuff!

Well, after all, are they not just imitating the God of the bible? A true bully and narcissist if ever there was one!

"Worship me or I'll kill you!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit