My unbelieving husband was offended by the WatchTower just studied

by Isambard Crater 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

good job the dubs dont usually carry automatic weapons.

• dozy
    dozy

It always seemed a rather circular process to me. It doesn't really make any sense because the very act of warning others is the means of salvation.

Jehovah will kill those who refuse to obey him.

OK - so how do people show they obey him?

They need to tell people that Jehovah will kill those who refuse to obey him.

So - if I go around telling people that Jehovah will kill those who don't go around telling people that Jehovah will kill those who don't go around telling people that Jehovah will kill those...( repeat )....I'll be OK & live forever in a paradise earth petting lions and eating lots of fruit and everybody else will be killed.

Correct.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It was all a eventual likelihood that the WTS leaders would crank up the imposing fear from a sociological perspective since the WTS is starting to look decidedly corrupt.

Father time has made the WTS look like a lying fraud but realistically it started out as publishing house and inherently still is.

Making up false doctrines and then propagating fear around those doctrines is what the WTS does do in its endeavor to control people.

From false prophets come false doctrines.

• jp1692
    jp1692

More evidence of how truly unhealthy this belief system is.

• undercover
    undercover

My unbelieving husband was offended by the WatchTower just studied

Any decent person would/should be.

If this Jehovah destroying the wicked to preserve his people was a TV show, then yea, maybe you can make a black and white case for killing the enemies. Not unlike watching The Walking Dead, and getting all exasperated with Jesus (character's name, not the 'real' Son of God) when he doesn't kill the Saviors, but cheering when Daryl takes out their enemies without hesitation. But that's TV. And it's not a real case scenario, it's the imagination of a graphic novel writer and TV writers. It's entertainment.

The WT writers aren't trying to entertain, they indoctrinating their followers to look at the real world in a black and white case. You're either a worshiper of Jehovah, or you're a wicked person, deserving of destruction. A byproduct of that is to occasionally offend a 'wicked' person. Too bad, just shows their heart isn't in the right place. Guess they'll be executed. Jesus (the 'real' one this time) on a white horse or Daryl on a motorcycle. Pick your preferred fairy tale...

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

This "Convert or die" threat is not Unique to WT or Bible. Even other religions threaten with hell fire or even worse punishment, if not obliging.

Religions are a Joke, for the thinking people.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Jehobah's Witlesses think that the world revolves them. They are just little-disillusioned piss ants in one's backyard.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Maybe slightly out of context but worth a share in view of what religions babble on about:

An American comedian I came across, George Carlin

“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
    But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!”
  • Stealth
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

This is why they like to study with people for a while before bringing them to the kingdom hall. To the the uninitiated, the JW beliefs are simply abhorrent, it takes a cetain amout of conditioning to make people not be revolted by the concept of the painful death of billion of people, while the witnesses look forward to it with glee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit