What food are you grateful for?

by punkofnice 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Onager
    Onager

My grandma's green bean chutney in a cheese sandwich made with a white bloomer and nice mature cheddar cheese.

OMG I can taste it in my mind now! My mum makes it now that grandma is dead, but it's not the same...

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Blondie

I found that most people don't cook brussell sprouts correctly nor do they select them with any care. A friend of mine is a chef in one of the local foodie restaurants and secretly served me a dish with brussel sprouts in it. It was great and I was surprised by the secret ingredient.

I found out browned butter, and roasting with garlic is fantastic. We have a restaurant in town that has brussel sprouts as their signature item, served many different ways

• tiki
    tiki

Oysters.....tomatoes.....vino.....

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

give us this day our daily BIGMAC!

Image result for bigmac

for those that dont know--i used to be Bigmac on here till the site got reincarnated.

• zeb
    zeb

I am grateful that I can eat.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

A bushel of steamed blue crabs, steamed in beer until they turn red and seasoned with Old Bay seasoning. Then dump out on a table covered in newspaper and crack the exoskeleton with wooden mallets to get to the meat inside. Ignore the dead eyes "looking" at you.

It's a slow process, so drink more beer. After a couple of hours when you're still hungry, start in on the hot buttered corn on the cob.

You could starve to death cracking crabs. It's about the social event.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Chocolate.

Doubles.

Curried chicken and potatoes wrapped in a roti.

Breadfruit, salted beef and spinach cooked slowly in coconut milk with curry, turmeric, garlic, pepper, onion, thyme and other spices.

Mauby. (drink)

Peanut sugar cake - roasted peanuts held together by a hardened syrup made with brown sugar, coconut milk and ginger.

Boneless, flaked, smoked herring seasoned with garlic, onion and olive oil and sandwiched in a hot bake.

Ting. (drink)

Asham - roasted corn ground to a powder together with sugar and salt to make a sweet confectionary powder.

• Mum
    Mum

Creme brulée - my absolute favorite

Beans and cornbread (without which I would not have grown straight and tall - not literally)

Greens - creamed spinach, turnip greens, mustard greens, collard greens

Bananas

Peanut butter

Everything else

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Chilli - I put it on everything!

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Except chocolate, my other favourite food...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit