This week's resurrection video, will it backfire on the wt?

by prologos 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alive!
    Alive!

Great points @Millie.

I think that's exactly what got my attention - the lack of care and respect in showing this video regarding people's 'sacred ground' - where they are emotional and vulnerable.

I can't remember the whole video - so there was no scriptural content?

I do remember that the scenes were showing quite desirable interiors - everyone is attractive - it's all about staging.

And yes, a kindly announcement that it depicted scenes that may be painful to some, please don't feel obligated to attend - 'we understand'

But they don't understand - it's a ministry of robotic conformity. There are decent people outside of JW land who would push this away.....knowing that it is harmful.

• possum
    possum
    In the course I am studying at university it is considered unethical in group work to discuss any subject of a sensitive nature without first agreeing to allow the persons in the group to leave the room if they need to anytime. To be respectful of others lived experiences and to finish the group checking at everyone is ok. The tutors offer counselling or other students offer to stay to talk. WT just drops a load of emotive soap opera garbage all over everyone triggering all sorts of painful memories. Then meeting over fend for yourselves.
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri
    I thought everyone was going to be resurrected 'buck neked'.
  • atomant
    atomant
    Alive said And yes, a kindly announcement that it depicted scenes that may be painful to some, please don't feel obligated to attend - 'we understand' So if they kindly announced it depicted scenes that may be painful why run it in the first place?Give them Governing Baboons enough rope and one day they will hang emselves.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

What`s the big deal about a resurrection anyway.?

The Bible records a number of people who were resurrected , and then died again .

Doesn`t the Bible say that the wages of sin is death ? ,So if you die your sins are forgiven ,so why did these people die again ? , they should still be walking around , untouched by death.But of course their not.

smiddy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So why are they showing it again?.....Here is one of the reasons why:

They have undoubtedly received thousands of letters expressing appreciation for the video, and virtually none condemning it......Sir82

The Watchtower could Show a Video..

Of 2 JW Asian Guys doing something Really FRIGGIN Stupid..

JW`s would Beg to Repeatedly View It!..

.............Image result for jw.org broadcasting

................................PRESENTS..

......"SPINNING ON YOUR HEAD FOR JEHOVAH"

...http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/2102429/stupid-people-o.gif

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

My grandma, who was born in 1898, believed she would never die cause Russell led her to believe that falsehood! My mom, who was born in 1918, believed she would never die cause her mom, Rutherford, Franz, and Knorr taught her to believe that falsehood. She taught her 5 children the same bullsh*t and unfortunately, 3 of them still believe it. Resurrection is a "pie in the sky" teaching that keeps the carrot out in front of the donkeys.

It's the final 'fall back' teaching that if all else fails. No Armageddon to deliver us, no miraculously being saved by jehober from some horrific disease, no shielding from an untimely fatal accident, or from 'natural' causes and you die. BUT, there's always the resurrection fantasy to save their asses!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The video is the exact opposite of tactfully and respectfully engaging a bereaved individual in a conversation when they are ready.

This video is the tactless equivalent of setting up JW trolleys at funerals and cold-calling bereaved families after reading the obituary section in your local paper. Why not camp out on the gravesite, wearing JW.borg themed clothing, wearing pins and a JW.borg election style hat?? Maybe a giant blue JW.borg gorrilla, like the ones at used car lots?

This video reeks of propaganda. The Westboro Baptists would love this "in your face" video. That's the real problem with the video. It's not the content. People have religious freedom, so they can believe in the resurrection, but should we broadcast our beliefs in an indiscriminate manner? Should we force-feed material to people who are not ready for it?

I remember having a "family study" as a child. My mom was the only "true Christian" in the home, so the Elders told her to study with us. So one "study" that I remember to this day was about sex. Why my mother felt she needed to have a "birds and bees" talk is beyond me. I was so young that the subject embarrassed me to the point of tears. Sorry Mom, but that was an epic fail, that was abusive. I was not ready for that subject matter by any stretch of the imagination. Neither was I ready to learn about anal sex from a black man, Samuel Herd, at age 10. Yet the WTBTS forced that information upon me, planting ideas where none existed before.

This "one size fits all" corporate approach to religion is what's backfiring on the WTBTS. This resurrection video should be shown to grieving congregants in private, by appointment only, or just put on the official site for anyone who chooses to watch it. The video SHOULD NOT BE PLAYED TO SHOWCASE THE WTBTS'S ABILITY TO PRODUCE PROFESSIONAL QUALITY VIDEOS.

Like little kids with a new toy, the GB keep cranking out videos to "encourage" the friends. GB, are you sure that you aren't bragging a bit? You don't have to show off when you have the skills. If you are the real deal, you don't need to buy your own Telly Award, and you certainly don't need to force-feed your videos to a mixed audience. That's really immature behavior. Did you ever stop to think about that?

Why not have some tact? Don't set up literature carts at funerals, so to speak. Just read a letter. Tell people that the videos are there if they want them. What's next for you? Perhaps you should show a video of a child molester sneaking into a child's room? Just make sure that Jesus is watching. Make sure to play some happy music at the end.

It may be that the WTBTS leaders simply do not have normal human emotions? Or maybe they are just tactless morons? Or perhaps their agenda requires a "one size fits all" approach? Maybe they simply do not care that a R&F congregant is not in the "right place" to discuss a loss?

DD

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The JW faith in certain biblical passages is what it is. No apologies.

As I have said several times previously: Being a JW is not for the faint of heart.

Live and let live. πŸ’πŸŒΊπŸŒΉ

DY

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was with some dubs this morning... They were complaining bitterly about this video at the meeting. In a nearby cong. The bro. Introducing and concluding it welled up in tears on the platform and had to get off. He had suffered a recent loss. Another sister had to be taken home in a state of upset, she had a relative with a terminal illness. Others were just grieved by it . Everybody said it was in poor taste and bad judgement by The Society.

Similar scenes occurred at Twickenham two years ago. Why repeat the disaster?.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit