This week's resurrection video, will it backfire on the wt?

by prologos 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Doubtfully Yours : "Being a JW is not for the faint of heart. "

...nor is watching a pig eat slop!:) :) :)

• prologos
    prologos

Given the impact of the rerun, following the story pattern, perhaps wt studios will now plan a "Survival into Paradise" production, with heavy emphasis on the shredding of recalcitrant humans of various ages in slow-motion stages. ? or the effect of the "reserved for fire" on opposers?.

Since wt writers are dream-merchants, why not make the nightmares more and more part of the meeting schedules, and house to house capabilities?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What do you expect from a religious cult that exploits the fear of death to manipulate people to do more for the organization as toward its literature distribution and money.

• OverlappingGeneralizations
    OverlappingGeneralizations
    A born-in relative of mine angrily said "why do they have to keep making me cry!?!"

It's true, and it's sad. Last weeks video with the suicidal woman, then this week watching a loved one die, wtf... Yeah, real encouraging.

I mean, what congregation doesn't have SOMEBODY who has had a recent (or impending) death to deal with? How heartless to make a video that is nothing more than an intentional gut-punch.

If you want to highlight paradise, use what works; speak the dubbie language. Show them picnic baskets, khakis, and cuddly grizzly bears. That's the formula. It's worked since day one.

Nobody is going to be drawn to this modern-day tear-jerking crap. Can you imagine a person coming to that video on their first visit? I bet it would be their only visit...
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Like soo many who have already commented...our congregation has had to deal with numerous deaths over the past few years...three by suicide (including local congregations). While the video was playing, I observed one congregate leave the Kingdom Hall, another stood in the lobby (teary-eyed) and at the end of meeting another member mentioned to me that the video was done in poor taste!
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, misery loves company. From everything that I've read about Special Forces training, shared suffering is a key to forming bonds. You know, like the Sardaukar on Salusa Secundus.

The Dub Leaders are attempting to forge bonds through shared suffering, even if they need to invent the conditions. That will ultimately fail, in my opinion.

DD

• wifibandit
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

the feedback I seem to get from it is the amount of anger it has stirred in the R&F and not necessarily pulled the heartstrings at all, tragic in many ways and desperation from those idiots in Crooklyn.

Well I just watched it, very cringe worthy evil stuff, the poor woman is having an emotional breakdown and is in the need of professional help and she invites these two idiots into her house, I wonder where their next call was? to encourage a child abuser? FFS.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Two passed in two months at pops congo.....itz gonna be hell in the kh tonight.😩
  • KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

An elder walked out in tears. His mother died about two years ago. At least 10 others were visably emotional and crying. A brother walked back and forth up and down the aisles with a tissue box for those that didn't hide thier need for tissue. One sister's elderly mom is in the hospital and brother committed suicide. You could hear her sniffles. One of the other elder's wife just died about a year ago. He really didnt participate in this "resurrection" meeting as he normally does. I think it was just too much.

I said to my husband, I don't understand the purpose in showing that video. He said, what's wrong with it? So, when I said, it just seemed really insensitive to show. We already seen it at the convention, it was hard to watch then. I continued, they could've asked us to view it at home, and then ask questions about the video like they used to do. That way people are not forced to deal with something so emotional in front of everyone.

He had no response. He saw how many were in tears. He's also lost a family member recently. I was about in tears myself watching others suffer through not only the video but the other parts of the meeting before the video where the brother asked everyone to close their eyes and envision a loved one that they would like to see again. Then employed them to give comments on something special they miss about them, asking what they would like to see that person doing again.Two or three broke down in thier comments before the video was shown. I think this made it worse, they already had the audience very emotional and raw before showing the video.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit