R.I.P. Doris Day

by smiddy3 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Today 14/05/2019 I hear that Doris day has passed away.

At 97 years old ? what memories I have of her and her movies ,she was quite versatile in whatever role she took .

Comedy , musical ,drama ,over decades ,and by all apparent reviews she was a lady with a lovely personality .

Che sera ,sera .

smiddy3

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Yesterday at work I told a co-worker that Doris Day died. Being only 30 years old he never heard of her. I. was taken back a little that he never heard of her. So I sarted to sing her Que sera, sera what ever will be will be. Still he did not know her and all I could say was "boy am I getting old" lol. Her movies and singing was always a joy to watch and listen to. RIP Doris and thank you for such good memories. Still Totally ADD

• blondie
    blondie

Oh, smiddy3, so many from my movies of my young years are dying. It reminds me that I am really growing older (better than the other I suppose). I loved that movie that she sang Che Sera Sera in. "the future is not ours to see"

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

My husband and I gave our 13 year old twins a full rendition of Doris Day favourites at dinner last night!( don’t know how much they appreciated it!)

I was pleased to hear Calamity Jane was her favourite film at that she loved recording it....one of my absolute favourites too!!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Que Sera Sera is such a catchy song. No one sang it like the lovely Doris Day! I loved all of her movies.

"The future's not ours to see"--I guess the wt never got that part of the song! lol

just saying!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Didn`t the Catholic Church come out and denounce that song Che Sera Sera ? or was that an urban myth ?

"Send Me No Flowers" was one of my favourite movies of her with rock Hudson & Tony Randall and not forgetting her role in the Alfred Hitchcok`s "the Man Who Knew Too Much"

• compound complex
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Very talented lady to be sure and I think a very kind and compassionate one.

Glad she lived a long healthy life.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

My earliest memory of Doris as a child:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKumQCTNJOY

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Some of my father's favorite movies were "send me no flowers" and "Pillow Talk". . He took the recording of the movies to his Drs, his nurses, many friends, and some others and asked them to watch it.

Now that he has gone, I am reminded by some of those he gave the movies to, about how much they enjoyed it and were so glad my father gave it to them to watch.

I adored Doris Day, movies and also her TV show.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit