Dating within JW's

by 720Reddog 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    iwantoutnow - "A rush to find someone who would marry you so you could have sex. Not a good formula for happiness."

Not even a good formula for sex, actually.

Not that it mattered...

...since JWs were "the happiest people on Earth" anyway, simply by virtue of being JWs, a happy marriage should take place be default.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Vidiot, tell me about it :(

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Congratulations Zing...for waiting for Mr. Right for all the right reasons. Your Mama didn't raise no fool.

😁

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

5.This takes the award.one person proposed the day after the person got baptised.So you know where his priorities lay! Here I was a regular pioneer for years, with years of experience in the truth so called. Hell no this is definitely called "uneven yoke" you need to steer clear of!

I knew (2) brothers that did this. Dated 'non-JW' women who were having active Bible studies, and the day they were baptized, proposed! And oddly enough...it was all 'oooohs and aaaahs' like NOTHING was wrong about the whole situation. Mind you now, both of those brothers are elders in their congregations, exemplary men, looked up to and all

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It was a bit weird in my original KH. We had about 7 or 8 young brothers and only 1 younger sister. The next congregation over had about 7 or 8 young sisters and just 2 young brothers.

Obviously, you can figure out what happened. I guess it was just inter-breeding.

Of the 6 or so marriages, at least 3 that I know of ended in divorce. One was an elder, who had 4 young daughters, and then came out of the closet and ended up with another man.

Whatever.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit