How Come we never saw this before????

by Newly Enlightened 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Somewhere and somehow there is an answer for every Bible question

Yep, and the answer to this one is simple. They couldn’t eat the animals because they needed them to sacrifice and burn to Jehovah. They had to burn two lambs a day (Num 28:3) plus an extra two every Sabbath (Num 28:9), plus two bulls, one ram, seven lambs and one goat every new moon (Num 28:11&15), and they had to repeat that after the Passover (Num 28:19 & 22-24) and Festival of Weeks (Num 28:27 & 30), and during the seventh month they had to slaughter a grand total of 75 bulls, 17 rams, 119 lambs and 9 goats (Num 29:2-38).

That’s an annual slaughter of 105 bulls, 32 rams, 873 lambs and 24 goats. You sure wouldn’t want to be a lamb back then.

My Bible question is, Why?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Jehober always loved a bloody sacrifice! Seems ironic that jw's view blood as sacred but jehober likes seeing it poured out, drained, and splashed.

just saying!

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I would imagine they knew a little of household economics and could see that they would be in deep shit if they ate all their stock. You kept herds for milk and occasionally other products and yes sacrifices

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Ultimate Axiom: If I understand, this is per person/family right?

105 bulls, 32 rams, 873 lambs and 24 goats per family

The average American currently eats on average 11 cows in their entire lifetime. That was a ton of beef to be raised for sacrifice if they had to sacrifice 100 cows and 1000 sheep per family per year.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

No, this is not a per person tally, it's what Jah required the Israelites to slaughter at his temple on behalf of the whole nation. Of course it’s not much when put alongside a nation of two million, but the Israelites really couldn’t afford to eat any of the animals in case they ran short. And without the smell of burning flesh to appease his fetish, in precisely the right amounts, Jah’s fierce anger would blaze and then hunger would be the least of Israel's problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit