Watchtower Society Sued For Covering Up For Molestor Derek Packowski

by qua 50 Replies latest jw friends

• snarf
    snarf

WOW !!!! It is great to see someone finally going after their throats using the legal system concerning molestation. I hope these people win their case and other victims come out in full force, kindda like what happened with the Catholic Church. Snowball effect.

• LDH
    LDH

Three years is more than enought time to come to trial. If there is no trial decision, we are left to believe this was 'quietly settled' before it got there......

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Pat Garza spoke of ritualistic (regular) Satanic (pure evil) abuse of children by Watchtower in Los Angeles, California which is farther south.

You do yourself - and the cause - a huge disservice when you post such unsubstantiated wild-eyed allegations as fact. The case you cite appears to stand up all by itself. It doesn't need any help. But then you toss in a delusional rant in "support" of the charges and threaten the validity of your entire post.

I know you want to bring down the Tower. But credibility is an essential ingredient in the struggle. Why not just stick to the facts?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"Lawsuits have been filed in Nevada, Minnesota, Texas, New Hampshire. Suits filed last year by members in Maryland, Oregon and Washington..."

...plus the one in California equals eight states that have lawsuits against the WTBTS. Interesting.

Sorta reminds me of putting out grass fires. Ya think ya got one stomped out, and another one pops up. If more and more folks take the WTBTS to court... they won't have much time to have their lawyers review & edit the Watchtowers and Awakes prior to publication.

Not to mention that they will be stretching their 'legal team' out pretty thin. Sooner or later, they'll goof up.

Keep 'em busy!

Regards,

Jim TX

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

If one of these things ever gets in front of a jury, the P Atty only needs to get ONE Dub in front of a jury to testify that "they were excommunicated for having spoken out on the policy of child abuse within the church" and someone is going to have one hell of a pay-day.

Notice that all the Elders of the congos are named as well. When they figure out that they are more exposed than the WTBS, I predict a mad rush to step down. There is an article from a print newspaper in the area that has a quote from a DF'ed Dub who mentions that "we were told to be as obedient to the Elders are we are to God" because they are imbued with his holy spirit. He also describes MS's as Deacons.

This is really good stuff. Imagine a small child trying to disagree with God and then where the Atty is going with this.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    If one of these things ever gets in front of a jury, the P Atty only needs to get ONE Dub in front of a jury

That's IT the Watchtower would never win a jury trial,they have done such a fine job of alienating mankind with their intrusive behavior that 10 out of 12 empaneled jurors already know that the Watchtower/Jehovah's Witnesses suck.

Civil or criminal they will lose.If they assault me here in Penobscot county Maine i have already tainted the jury pool,moreover jury pools are taken from the registered voter block,so no JW's sit on Jurys.

Yes,any of you goons for God want a piece of me come and get it! Dan the Man is really cool at tainting the empaneled jury pool. --Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

(Be very afraid watchtower be very afraid)

• No Apologies
    No Apologies
    jury pools are taken from the registered voter block,so no JW's sit on Jurys.

Incorrect. Most states now use driver registration records to find potential jurors. I know several JWs who have been summoned to jury duty, including myself(before I ever registered to vote) and my mother-in-law.

No Apologies

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Incorrect. Most states now use driver registration records to find potential jurors.

I stand corrected thanks,Danny

• PulpSuperstar
    PulpSuperstar

I knew all these kids growing up...they were my friends. I even had a huge crush on one of those boys. I don't remember this Derek fellow though. To think that this was all going on around me from the ages of 10-18 and to never have known....my mind is blown.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Welcome, Superstar -

Just for the record - does anybody know what ever came about with these five-year-old lawsuits?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit