Tag teams of Cart Sitters

by days of future passed 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I've recently seen a few who dont even have a cart. Just standing there holding a magazine to their chests cover facing.

It looks very odd.

If I didnt know who they were I still wouldn't stop, it looks like they're activists selling newspapers.

• Giordano
    Giordano

One of the problems about being a JW is the need for conformity. Also the lack of faith the Society has in it's followers.

Romans 12:6-8

"6. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith;
    7. if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach;

8. if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully."

Obviously that is not foremost in the collective thinking of the Society. Obedience and marching in step is their way.

The gifts their individual followers could bring are not needed or encouraged .........so the WTBTS stumbles along and remains a failure.
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

4 brothers at a time, 6 brothers at a time, 8 brothers at a time ...

That's nothing here in South Florida.

I live near a small shopping center (1 big food store and 6 or 7 smaller stores including a bakery). It's not in my congregation's territory but one from our KH.

When there is the push to pioneer in March/April or when the CO visits, I have seen AT LEAST 20 brothers/sisters spread across the place at 7 in the morning. Only the little bakery is open. I have no idea what time they arrived, maybe 6 or so. Most of the stores do not open until at least 8 or 9AM.

Kind of creepy actually. Driving by a shopping center when it's still dark and seeing these "shadows" standing around closed businesses.

So goes today's pioneering.

Rub a Dub

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Rub a dub - that does sound creepy. Like a zombie movie actually.

Years and years ago, I went to a grocery store before work and there was a brother standing by the entrance with magazines. I smiled at him as I walked up. Hi he said, you must be a sister. Witnesses are the only ones that smile or say Hi to me he said.

I would say it's like a secret society that reaffirms itself by the members giving the secret handshake. A confirmation that they belong to the ones in the know and that the work they are doing, has value. I could see the cart work being just that. Something that other witnesses see and can feel a part of it all without a word.

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist
    pale.emperor Just standing there holding a magazine to their chests cover facing.

That's "Old School" Street-Ministry. In the 60ies and 70ies we did it this way. As a kid I always tried out, how many magazines I could fan out without dropping them.

• sir82
    sir82

Kind of creepy actually. Driving by a shopping center when it's still dark and seeing these "shadows" standing

around closed businesses.

In our area, there's a bunch of pioneers who do "early morning witnessing" several times a week, sometimes starting as early as 6 AM.

What's open at 6 AM? 24 hour gas stations.

So there's a minivan of 4 or 6 or 7 pioneers careening around all over, back & forth to the few gas stations (I don't live in a teeming metropolis) that are open early.

If you are a resident of my fair village, and you happen to pump gas prior to 8 AM, you've almost certainly been assailed by someone running up to you & offering you a magazine.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I have done FS in Dallas USA, 18 years ago, early morning before Sunrise. We would go to the Donut shops and distribute those craps, as they were the only thing opened at that time.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    There is no doubt the JWs love this new way of ''preaching'' What is better than sitting in the park on a nice summer day, texting or viewing things on your phone or tablet, and chatting to your partner about anything. If anyone does come up to you, all you need to do is hand them some free literature and point to jwdotorg

I’ve heard it from a JW who does it. Seems it’s all about getting a nice park somewhere, nice views of the ocean or river, and relaxing on a seat. They virtually brag about not having to talk to anyone.

It’s an urgent message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit