Expect 90% of pimi's to go down with the ship here's why

by nowwhat? 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

In addition, I think this reasoning is a big part of why they've stepped up their game in terms of recent countersuits and DCMA takedowns.

By now, the Org leadership fully buys into their own rhetoric and propaganda (whilst simultaneously knowing it's wrong, but that's another subject), and therefore can't believe they'll lose, partly because of the Org's historical successes in the courts... conveniently forgetting, of course, that said successes were made by canny, shrewd men who only picked the fights they knew they'd win.

I also suspect that due to the emerging woke-slash-hashtag-metoo environment,at least some of them are privately (and anxiously) just hoping to luck out...

...and if they don't...

...would rather the Org crash-and-burn rather than capitulate anyway, like virtually every other authoritarian regime in history.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Just as most will never let go, I will never fully let go of hope that my people will let go- or at least I hope my wife will lose enough interest to stay fully involved into her retirement years.

They may never let go, but they get more and more involved with "the world" and less and less involved with living and breathing and thinking JW stuff 24/7. You never know.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Nowwhat, since your brother appears to have listened, you don't know what seeds of doubt you have sown.

Of course he will not immediately acknowledge doubt as JWs are so frequently pre-warned Satan will use whatever means available to cause them to leave Jehovah. When you were a committed JW, how would you have reacted if he fed you that same information you shared with him?

JWs will usually be more prone to acknowledge their own doubts and concerns when an issue personally effects them or an immediate family member. If for instance he is treated unfairly, or his congregation is dissolved and he is forced to travel an inconvenient distance, he maybe more vulnerable to acknowledge doubts and concerns, but expect he will also attempt to suppress his doubts by rationalization. Rationalization will usually become tiresome if the same issues are ongoing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit