Animals

by unsure 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unsure
    unsure

If humans have to suffer to have free will and to disprove Satan's challenge to God as mentioned in the Bible...then why the f*ck do animals have to suffer as well?

Satan's challenge involved humans and not poor animals.

I'm looking for an honest explanation from believers.

At this point, the older I get, the less I believe in a God who is "love".

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Do you really think Jehovah God loves animals unsure ? Cain offers the first fruits of the land as a sacrifice to God .

Abel offers up and slaughters an animal as a sacrifice to appease God and you know which one got God`s blessing

Just do a simple cursory of the Hebrew Scriptures {Old Testament} and see just how much Jehovah God loves animals. Here is just an example

their are many more in the Bible.

What with using the flood in Noah`s day and drowning all of the land animals that existed outside the Ark ?

Apparently none of the sea creatures were ever destroyed in that action ?

What does God have against land animals that he doesn`t have against sea creatures ?

1 kings: 8 ;63-65 ,Twenty-two thousand cattle and a hundred and twenty thousand sheep that was certainly a multitude of sacrifices wasn`t it.? A bit over the top you might think ?

And for four thousand years Jehovah God required animal sacrifices on a weekly/monthly basis .

What is it with Jehovah god that he loves so much blood of his own creation being shed by those that worship him.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

the older I get, the less I believe in a God who is "love".

If you are a father or mother would you put your children through the suffering that God has subjected his children/humans through to prove a point ? to an oppose`r ? for thousands of years ?

C`mon how can God Jehovah or whatever name they call him be a God of Love.? No way.

And by the way not to subject Satan or any of his demons to anything equivalent to what humans have suffered for so long ?

Do they suffer indignities pain and early death ? like humans do ? NO ,they still exist after thousands of years . If you still believe the Bible of course.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

God supposedly deliberately designed and manufactured animals to grow old and die. Inbuilt planned obsolescence in a living feeling sentient being is not love in my book.

• unsure
    unsure

Thanks for the comments so far; I agree with them.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

As a pet owner for many years my wife and I know for a fact that animals do show emotions. They feel hurt and they feel love and they show their concerns in there own way. In the last 10 years they have found animals are far more intelligent than we ever thought. It is humans who are ignorant of how animals think and feel. We just need to learn how to communicate with them. The bible gives a horrible example on how to treat animals. Still Totally ADD

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

When I was "studying" I was told that our love for animals is misplaced and unnatural and that after Armageddon they would be returned to their proper place. We lack love from our fellow men so turn to animals to fulfil that need but it isn't right and we won't need them to love once we are perfect again.

My dog died 12 June this year and I am still struggling without her.

• unsure
    unsure

@Amelia Ashton

So sorry for your loss.

• unsure
    unsure

@Still Totally ADD

Agree completely.

Here are some fascinating articles.

Dogs Have Feelings—Here's How We Know

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/09/dog-brain-feelings-mri-gregory-berns/

Dogs and toddlers possess similar emotional intelligence

http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/article/2017/03/dogs-toddlers-possess-similar-emotional-intelligence

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The god of the bible, whatever his name, sure loves a good blood letting. Animal sacrificing/slaughter is a big part of his delight! When you read the bible account of the dedication of Solomon's Temple, it makes you sick to think that god was 'well pleased' with the sacrifice/slaughter of hundreds of thousands of animals during the 7 day celebration.

An average of one animal being slaughtered every 20-30 seconds for a week! Thousands of gallons of blood being poured out! Fo what purpose? To please jehober! WTF!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit