Do You Support Police and Law Enforcement?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Still -- WOW who cares - you are so angry and there's help for that. Worry about yourself - quit shadowing, or not/lol.

Bullying, seriously - WOW!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Without police and law enforcement you would have anarchy .

So of course I support law enforcement.

Every now and again you might get a few bad apples in their ,but hey, overall they do a fantastic job putting their own lives on the line for you and me.

The examples minimus gives in the OP these people should have the book thrown at them and throw away the key .That should not be tolerated under any circumstance .

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I fully support the police.

There are some bad apples in the police force but most are decent officers, doing their jobs under difficult circumstances.

The made-up racist instances on both sides of the Atlantic don't help.

(Here in the UK, police shot and killed Mark Duggan in 2011 in Tottenham, north London. The cops thought Duggan had a gun on him - it turned out he'd thrown it in a bush by the roadside before the police caught up with him. The police weren't being 'racist' here - they were just doing their job. It didn't stop people rioting across London and other parts of Britain. There were people from other parts of London who didn't know Mark Duggan at all, breaking into Burger King and McDonald's and flipping themselves a few burgers with fries on the side! XD Jewellery shops got smashed and burgled, too. The Turkish and Sikh shop owners had the right idea - they stood outside their shops holding swords.)

• minimus
    minimus

Vigilante justice is never good unless Charles Bronson is involved.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And they wonder why so many of them get shot. If a certain group constantly threatens the cops, and we have Al Sharpton and the ADL (and other "anti-hate" groups that are nothing more than anti-white hate groups) stopping the cops from doing their job, those groups are going to get shot at more often. The police are not there just to stop crimes committed by whites--they need to stop all crime, regardless.

If not, we are going to have even worse minority-on-white crime. If they are going to get away with it because a cop prosecuting them would be labelled a white supremacist, that is basically like having a "sale" on crime. And, like any other sale, you get more people doing it when it goes "on sale". Take silver--what if silver was being sold at 98% off its price? For sure, I--and many others--would be buying all they can at those prices. Crime offered prosecution-free is no different, and especially if the guns are taken away from the public. The lower you get the risk and cost, the more they are going to do it. Just common sense.

And what is so special about "Black lives matter"? Why do they go ballistic when someone tries pointing out "ALL lives matter"? These Soros inspired groups are simply trying to manipulate things for the reptilians to move on this planet--and they do not believe black (or any other, for that matter) lives matter. Antifa is another Soros group working to that end.

I do understand that peaceful protests are quite fine, and that goes for both sides. But you do not need to have Antifa or other Soros funded terrorists busing in armed thugs every time you get a peaceful white campaign. If that demonstration is valid, so be it. If not, then it is fine to allow peaceful counter-protests. And that is without fear that either side will see its participants in the gulags or having their lives ruined. But, as soon as things start getting violent, the group involved needs to be heavily punished (and not the group(s) trying to defend the peace after the riots have been started). Were it up to me, those running these groups would get the death penalty, and Soros would be treated about as humanely as pagans were during the Inquisition.

• caves
    caves

I do. But at one time I did not.

My uncle that helped raise me was a cop that would regularly beat me with his police nightstick. It took many years and several "nice interactions" and lots of reflection on my part to get over that.

Now I support them. Imagine what they see on a daily basis. I couldn't do it.

Sure there are crooked police and law enforcement. That's in every profession. But I would rather get a ticket I didn't deserve because a cop was in a "mood" than have murders on the loose with no help at all from law enforcement.

I've met some really great police officers. I've met some real shitty ones. I always wonder what was the tipping point for the crap ones. Was it the bloody scene they had to walk into for the 100th time. I cut them some major slack in regards any attitude they may have. Most of the time.

At the same time I have gone head to head with a few officers in court and won. Meaning no ticket or fines if they were out of line beyond a doubt that anyone could plainly see or I could prove.

I think 99% of police and law enforcement just want to do there job and go home and have a life, like any other human.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

As a 20+ year law enforcement veteran I know I may be biased on this one, but not as much as one might think.

There are several problems in the United States dealing with law enforcement. One of the main ones is that we have forgotten why we have civilian law enforcement and how civilian law enforcement is supposed to work.

In a free society, military forces are not to be used to enforce the law. The first civilian police force is the Metropolitan Police Department in London. Sir Robert Edmond Peel created it. Peel came up with the 9 Peelian Principles of Policing. One of which is -

To maintain at all times a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and that the public are the police, the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.

In short - there is no "thin blue line". We are all the police. We all have a civic duty to police our communities.

Instead, we have strayed from this. We say "Not my job. I pay taxes. Its too dangerous. You do it." Then we separate ourselves from the police as if police officers aren't even human. We make it an us against them mentality when in reality we are all on the same boat called "Earth."

People scream for police reform, but offer no real solutions and certainly excuse themselves from being part of the solution.

Things that would help -

Realize that the police don't make laws, they enforce them. Every law made implies that police will use force, possibly even deadly force, to enforce the law. Hold lawmakers accountable for bad laws. We do not want a police department that gets to decide what laws will be enforced and those won't.

Volunteer your time with your local police department. If your local police department has a ride-a-long program go out on patrol a few times to see what it is like. Get educated so you can be vocal to your local police chief and city elected officials as to what you would like from your police department.

Be part of the solution.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

That's all well and good, Truth Be Known, and your comment makes some good points.

Well, could I volunteer with my local police?

I'm a white male living in Bolton, UK.

Could I stop and search somebody if I suspected that person of carrying a knife?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

LoveUniHateExams:

I know the London Metropolitan Police Department has an Auxiliaries program. In the US we call them Reserve Police Officers. These are unpaid police volunteers that have police powers. Often they have training equal to their duties.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit