Help/Advice getting out of a talk..

by Mysterious 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

lol I wish I had the guts to do that. If mom wasn't a dub I would do something like that to go out with a bang. But alas although I only have a month to go, I still have a month to go.

I think I'll just rework exactly what she has, rephrasing only with no major changes. And be too sick to go. Go to bed early monday night. Don't eat supper tuesday (hey dad will feed me when mom leaves), go to bed and fake a terrible headache and stomach cramps. Or something..I hope that works.

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

You could always take 2 laxitives to heighten the effect.

• Scully
    Scully

Two words: Female problems.

Call up the School Overseer and tell him you are unable to do the talk because you have Female Problems. That's your Get-Out-Of-Talks-Free card. They REALLY do not want to get into a conversation about your plumbing.

Love, Scully

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

bttt with an update.

Well things went fairly smoothly, as well as can be expected. I complained in the morning that I had a killer backache and I came home before mom and went to bed in my clothes, used lots and lots of covers. She came in and checked on me and I pretended to be asleep. She checked on me again at dinner and again I pretended I was asleep. She left for the meeting and I got up and ate dinner. When she got back I was curled up on the couch with a quilt looking mopey and complaining of a terrible backache/headache. I went to bed early and this morning again complained that my back still hurt a bit but seemed to be getting better.

She did confront me about faking. I brushed it off with a "you know I don't do things like that" kind of snort. She is threatening to give me her next talk..I hope she doesn't have one before the end of the month. My friend saw me today and laughed because he knew darn well I wasn't actually sick yesterday, it's our little secret.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Mysterious, you get a G for realism in your presentation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit