Cart witnessing in the quietest in my suburb.

by fulltimestudent 21 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

I walked to the station yesterday to meet a friend, and on the way, in what must be the quietest street in the entire suburb, were two J.witnesses and their little cart, all set with a literature display. I wondered what point there may have been to choose that location. I felt like grabbing one of their bibles and reading Matthew 5:15 to them:

Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.

Whatever hours they reported were wasted hours.

And ironically, the magazine at the top of the display, asked the question, (grin), " Are you doing too much."

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I felt like grabbing one of their bibles and reading Matthew 5:15 to them:

At least they had bibles to offer. I've only seen brochures.

There's often 2 carts and 4 people stationed outside the public library next to my office on Thursday mornings. The Library doesn't even open till 9:00 and they're gone by noon just when it starts to get somewhat busy. I often want to ask them why they have 2 carts and why both carts are stocked to the hilt with the same brochures. Are they expecting that one day they'll be rush of people demanding their own copy, instead of walking past them like they do week after week.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Yeah, I saw two lady JW's with their bookbags standing on a corner behind the brick wall that formed the sign for the public school. The wall was at 45 degrees to the corner of two streets and the place they chose to stand was on the school property- so probably why they didn't have a cart- and they were on the side of the wall that hid them from any foot traffic on the busier street, being seen only from the quiet side street.

It was clearly a waste of time.

All this b.s. that people will "see" the JW's and go to jw-dot-org is ridiculous. I suppose it's also a way of ramping up a changed way to do things because "we are almost done preaching and gathering and ready to switch to saying 'We told you so.'"

• berrygerry
  • doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

The two carts stacked with all the same brochures is about merchandising techniques. Its the same principle supermarkets use for end of isle displays for example...

• alanv
    alanv

I often see the JWs with their carts here in the uk. But I have never actually seen any one taking literature or speaking to the witnesses. Last year in the UK the increase in publishers was just 26, so clearly the carts are a complete waste of time and money. Cant wait to see this years figures!

• Chook
    Chook

How embarrassing to wheel barrow wt propaganda in the neighbourhood, next they bring back placards advertising Jw.org

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

there is an underground tube station I pass on my way to work most days a very busy station indeed but I only ever see them there on a Sunday the least busiest day of the week, how mad is that?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Whats next donning soap boxes in gardens and parks with loudspekers booming out the end is Nigh ?

They might as well be doing that for all that the carts are acheiving.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Inside the entrance at Serpentine Green shopping centre (No. It's not a 'mall', we don't call them that here....yet. No doubt we will, nuclear war permitting), sit the Jobos. Sometimes Wednesday and sometimes Friday.

They sit lugubriously away from their trolleys. Everybody ignores them and they ignore everybody.

Imagine the 'fine experiences(tm)' they lie about at the meetings(tm)!

How happifying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit