Top Ten List of What Happens Next...

by Farmer Jim1 28 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

2. 3. 5. 10

Lots of vacations when this is over for the better off

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Elders/COs etc have been discussing who is and who is not mentally in and preparing to chuck out or put the screws on as many PIMOs and PIMIs as they can identify.

I guess that's normal for them but they have had more time on their hands to plan and assess people's attitudes.

Also they may reduce the number of people at Bethel and seek to move them into the houses of those who are willing to have them.
  • BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Anna marina,

What makes you suspect they are searching out ones mentally checked out?

Ah yes, it’s the COs and elders doing the separating work, separating the wheats from the weeds. It’s harvest time!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The only thing I can truly think of is they will no longer rent facilities so all congregations can have the Memorial at the same time. To save money, those congregations that share a single Kingdom Hall will rotate on which congregation gets to attend the Memorial at the Kingdom Hall. Everyone else will watch via Zoom from their home. Partakers will be told to go to the Kingdom Hall.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ANNA MARINA:

So, they are preparing to..”put the screws on as many PIMOs/PIMIs as they can identify”?

Being as the religion in the last decade or so appears to have become more intrusive than they ever were (asking for $$, personal info on forms, telling people to install Zoom, etc.)..what in the world now? Are they going to hold people by their feet and shake them?

Regarding kicking more people out of bethel, I’m sure that was coming. As for trying to get people to take them into their homes!! (those that have their own homes) is another thing.

It is just as well I ‘faded’ years ago, because I would NEVER have tolerated the religion’s intrusiveness towards me - since I was viewed so negatively as a working woman.. I would definitely have had words with nervy elders who approached me looking for $$ or whatever..It all sounds like a nightmare.👎🏻

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

LongHairGal - yes they've been asking who has got rooms to spare. Its a guess but once they know who has rooms, next thing could be, 'would you mind this Bethelite living in your room?'

They had a disturbing talk on Sunday that sounds like they are after all those who will not say that GB is superior to Jehovah, Jesus etc. Usual stuff. Hang the Holy Spirit, it's what we chanel that counts. You agree or else.

Oh they also had a repeat of 'if the GB ask you to do something crazy, do it.'

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ANNA MARINA:

This is truly horrible and I think any JWs left have to almost be lobotomized to be sitting there tolerating this shit.

It has gone from intrusive to downright bullying from what it sounds like!

I cannot stress enough that I’m glad I got OUT of the Witness religion years ago.. I’m thankful I never listened to their teachings even back then or I would not be Retired today.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Another possible perspective is that it is known that when people in general are under stress and personal strife they do seek out some consolation from religion, so there could be a present urge for people to attend JWS meetings.

The GB heads are using this virus pandemic as a " See this is just another sign that we are near the end "

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

LongHairGal - I frequently hear the phrase, "this is dangerous."

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

11. Watchtower won’t publish figures this year, or perhaps ever again, and we’ll never know the numerical impact of the pandemic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit