What does everyone think will happen next on the back of the coronavirus pandemic?
These are my suggestions;
1) Coronavirus will have a disproportionate effect on JW ‘growth’ countries like in South America and Africa. Many JWs there will die.
2) JWs on the fringes in western countries will not want to physically go back to meetings and attendances will drop.
3) When the field ministry starts up again there will be a reluctance from a minority of JWs and some of these will either become inactive or fabricate more ministry hours (inactivity for beginners).
4) JW numbers may experience localised increases in some areas due to pandemic scenario/end time rhetoric.
5) Recession = Less contributions
6) Because of above the Kingdom Hall consolidation programme increase in speed. More hall sold.
7) GB has to find a new ‘shiny bit of paper’ to distract JWs when reality bites. They’ve already done it with the music and JW broadcasting so maybe a reduction in pioneer hours? A big announcement they’ve been storing up for times like this?
8) A little bit more speculative- they will get rid of C.Os. Why pay for them? What do they actually achieve for the organisation?
9) Maybe more ‘out there’- GB will make suggested direct debit amounts that JWs should set up.
10) long shot- all halls get sold and they go back to meeting in smaller groups in homes. Let’s face it they need the cash.
tell me what you think and give us your predictions