It's only food!!

by caligirl 18 Replies latest jw friends

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

That kind of control is exactly what I expressed for most of my life, so don't be too hard on him. Hopefully his hormones will set him free.

CZAR

• caligirl
    caligirl

Rocketman - I would not trade our time with my husband's son fo anything.He did not and never has made a scene, just won't eat even though he is hungry. He comes to visit because he loves his father and his family and we fought long and hard in court at great expense to have the time with him that we do, and we have a close relationship despite the fact he is being raised a witness by his mother. It is our hope that by showing him that we are a happy family DESPITE not wasting our time at meetings and that there is more to life than 5 meetings a week that he will leave it behind when he is 18 and has the choice. Of what influence could we be if he spent no time with us just becuase his mother has chosen for him to be a witness? That isolation is exactly what we want to prevent. \

czar, according to his websurfing history, the hormones are hard at work! Better that than reading a watchtower! And we are not hard on him- he needs to see for himself. I just feel bafly that he is scared of turkey on one day of the tear because of brainwashing.

• freedom96
    freedom96

My wife Caligirl just wrapped it up perfectly.

My son does not come to visit to create a scene. He is ridden with guilt when he sees that plate of food. Everyone knows that on Thanksgiving, people eat Turkey, much more than any other time of the year. And witnesses are not supposed to celebrate Thanksgiving, though some may try to bend the rules. Plus, his wack job mother, reminds him as boards the plane, "Make sure you don't eat Thanksgiving dinner!!"

Given the state of mind of his mother, the constant enforcement of the rules of the Watchtower, going to the meetings, and out in service, no wonder he is torn.

As my wife mentioned, we are trying to show by example that there is more to life than the WTS, and I pray that he sees the light and realizes what a sham it all is.

He loves being here with us; however that alone doesn't take away all the guilt that is put on all witnesses.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Perhaps the way around that is to serve up some other roast meat, such as lamb, pork or beef. He can then sit in with everyone, consuming the roasted offerings, but no way can he be accused of eating "Thanksgiving Dinner"!

Editted to add: I see you've already tried to get around it in these ways. Pity his mum's so ****ed up!

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

That sounds like a lot of freakin fun man! I wish I was at yorkshire or whatever place your from! We don't have riots and hooligan fights here in New York. Just people getting shot on the subway!

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Maybe you should tell him if he is so holy and mighty that he can go outside and turn a stone into a loaf of bread!

• caligirl
    caligirl

Stephanus, that is probably what we will do next time.

Got my 40 - he is only 15, so I think that giving him attitude would not make the impression that we are looking to make - that would be a less than positive way to mentor him. Not that there are not a few people I might like to say that to, but my step son is not one of them. He did not choose to be raised this way, the decision was made for him, just like it was made for his father and for me. It is up to us to show him that there is more to life, just as we have discovered.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

It was only a joke in reference to Jesus being on a fast for 40 days and 40 nights and Satan trying to tempt him.

I so feel empathy for him because I myself was raised as a Witness as I have stated hundreds of times on this forum and have been put in the same exact position with my worldly relatives and neighbors kids when I was a youth.

I did not realize he was so young, I though he was a older man being self righteous.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Long pig, AlanF?

He will be eighteen soon enough and will remember the kindness and understanding he was shown during his visits with you. I'm glad you all were able to spend some time together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit