whats your take? When someone asks my wife what religion she is, she seems embarrassed to say she is a JW.

by goingthruthemotions 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• possum
    possum

Some of the 'brothers' strut around the kingdom hall like a rooster but in the real light of day outside the Kingdom hall they are feather dusters!

• possum
    possum
    Sorry its so big don't know how to make it smaller. Possum the luddite.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

i was embarrassed by the failed predictions. I believed all that End of the World BS. I touted it to friends and family. I emphasized "this generation" that would not pass away. Of course, "this generation" is now dead. Feel like an ass!

Doc

• Lieu
    Lieu

Never ashamed. I usually answered Christian when asked what religion.

I was never asked denomination: Protestant or sect: Jehovah's Witness

• LV101
    LV101

A couple of witnesses have told me (and I was somewhat surprised) they never tell anyone what religion they are. I didn't probe but would imagine they get such negative feedback at the doors and realize how people react to their religion.

What an embarrassing scam to those who are conscious -- unfortunately, not enough.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yeah I feel like an Ass too. For drumming-up fear in neighbours, workmates, school mates etc. for talking doomsday all the time too.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm very confident that the majority of the R&F are - to varying degrees - privately embarrassed to be JWs.

They stay affiliated because they think - for various reasons - they have no choice.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    So I guess, JWs are captive, in a sense.
  • Spectre
    Spectre

I don't know what it's like now, but I remember constantly hearing from the stage and reading that: "The "World" hates you! They know you have "The Truth" and they do not and they hate you for it!" "Every time you knock on their door and they don't listen it's like you're pouring salt on an open wound because they know they should be following the one true god, Jehovah, and they hate you for it!" "Blah, blah, blah and more crap!"

No wonder one doesn't want to proclaim from the hilltops their mighty love for Jehovah.

To me the name Jehovah just sounds stupid as well.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

A control tactic I remember from a very, very early age was this. The scripture that Christ used, I cannot remember the exact wording, but it said *if you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you*

So, I remember entering the workforce many years ago, people asked me *what religion are you*. I would reluctantly say I was a JW remember Jesus words in the back of my mind.

Apparently the same control method was used last year at Follow the Christ Conventions when they used Jesus statement.

Over the years, you realize it is nothing more than a control tactic used by the Borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit