Just a thought

by moley 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caves
    caves

In the words of my deceased great uncle (not EVER a jw). He just had listened to his sisters enough to know that they were in a brainwashing cult and had no problems telling them.

"Who in the hell wants to live forever anyway"???

His sisters (jws) demonized and talked shit about him until he died of course, in which case they are holding out for the resurrection when he will have not have his late wife of 30+ years, children or grandchildren. Just a new barley recognizable body. I imagine he'd be "resurrected" and within minutes POOF he is killed again. Can I get a 'Praise the lord'!!

You guys know the drill.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    truth_b_known - "8 years ago, when I first came to this site, there was a post that contained a well written story of what a former Witness thought life would be like in the "New System". First, I think the conjecture was horrifyingly accurate. Second, that conjecture was so depressing that I can honestly say life as a Witness in the New System would be a life of suffering that goes far beyond life currently."

Did it basically go like this?

"...WT reps have clearly stated that the Org intends to be around to - for all intents and purposes - govern the New System after Armageddon, with the Warwick compound serving as the de facto world capital.

Now, imagine the WTS being given control of a small country tomorrow.

I guarantee you that within ten years, democracy would be nonexistent, advances in science and medicine would grind to a halt, divorce would be illegal under virtually all circumstances, creationism would be mandated in schools, any kind of alternative sexual expression would be outlawed, all outside forms of entertainment would be banned, disfellowshipped individuals would be imprisoned or deported, and 'apostates' would be sentenced to death without possibility of appeal or reprieve (IMO, anyone who denies this is either naive or lying).

Now, imagine a regime like that encompassing the entire planet.

Indefinitely."

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

Next season:

AMERICAN HORROR STORY: PARADISE

i bet you after a while they would form cults within cults.

• StarryNight9
    StarryNight9
    "Next season: AMERICAN HORROR STORY: PARADISE"

Maybe a fanfic cross between Black Mirror and American Horror Story?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    If the society was right and Armageddon came a knocking would you want to live in a society run by the org and bully elders.

I would live to see if the conditions promised are real. But would very soon be identified as an apostate, as I hate meetings and relentlessly praising Jah.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Would you want to live in a dictatorship where you would be expected to conform without question to the authority of a being who masacred billions of people because they didnt praise him every day??

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

In a few billion years the sun will go supernova and destroy the earth. So no I don't think I want to live forever. Or even live to see that.

Not that it is even possible to live forever.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Give me liberty, or give me death!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit