Just a thought

by moley 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moley
    moley

Just a hypothetical question. IF the society was right and Armageddon came a knocking would you want to live in a society run by the org and bully elders.

Would rather die at armageddon. I would

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

its not even hypothetical, Armageddon cannot ever be analysed as even being in the realms of physical possibility. it cannot and wont ever happen.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

You guys avatars look alike.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

I would hate it if "the new system" was run the way the religion is run. Could you imagine how boring life would be!!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

This reminds me of the Canadian poet Robert Service, and his poem Song of the Wage Slave; the opening lines of which read:

"When the long, long day is over, and the Big Boss gives me my pay,
    I hope that it won't be hell-fire, as some of the parsons say.
    And I hope that it won't be heaven, with some of the parsons I've met —"

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I remember a few years back I had gotten into a very short argument with a JW about Armageddon and the New System of things. It went basically like this;

The JW was saying that those who survive Armageddon will get to live forever in a beautiful paradise on earth. He kept going on and on about this, and finally, I spoke up and told him;

"Thank you, but no thanks. But if you guys are correct, then it won't be a paradise on earth, simply because you would still have to follow the rules to a bunch of fools who don't know what in the H E double hockey sticks do they ever know what they are talking about. The survivors in the new system would be considered the slave class, and that means the survivors would be nothing but a bunch of slaves. That does not sound like anything fun or enjoyable to me, I'd rather be bird food." Also, I asked him to show me in the bible where it says that great crowd before the throne in Revelation actually say this takes place on earth? It doesn't.

That was the end of that argument.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MOLEY:

I hate to say it but I would not want to be around Witnesses for all eternity.

Their paradise would turn into a nightmare and it would be a dictatorship.

• atomant
    atomant

Just imagine a paradise world where god has trained mosquitoes spiders and bees not to sting or bite.Even flies wont annoy the hell out of you.yer right.

• steve2
    steve2

You could write your OP about any religious group's beliefs and then ask, What if it's true? Humans are great at imagining and speculating. My gut instinct is to answer as follows: Because I do not feel emotionally and spiritually close to the JWs I knew, I wouldn't want to live on an earth full of such people. What makes me feel connected to my life is being around people who accept me as I am (and I in turn accept them), who try to understand me (as I do them, who are respectful and nurturing of difference and celebrate creativity and love. I just couldn't function in a world where all people were "uniform" in outlook and were judgemental of difference. I could think of nothing worse.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

It's a question I asked myself right before I left. I had absolutely no faith that the miserable life of a pre-Armageddon witness would suddenly turn into rainbows and unicorns. The folks in New York were never going to give up their free labor. Life would be just as tedious after the big A. Except now it would be forever.

No thank you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit