Years REALLY DO FLY BY!

by somebody 33 Replies latest jw friends

• GTSfromSY
    GTSfromSY

I cannot remember when I began to frequent this forum but it has been around 8 years or so. I remember (via reading back) that the early 2000's here on this forum and that other forum that shut down that for the life of me I can't remember the name of, were very hopeful. Honestly though there was not very many rays of hope in sight for any change in the org. The scandals of various abuse were just beginning to surface.

The 2010's on the other hand was a whole different story. Those times were shocking and revealing, especially after 2013. Org dirt was getting aired out on nation TV/internet, the poorly executed coverups began, and then the ARC. To add to it the org itself changing its whole structure for the worst by the minute. Doing things that were unacceptable only years prior.

Now nearing 2018 we are all witnessing (no pun) the official org crash begin. I honestly never thought this day would come when very visible signs on a local level would reveal people are waking up and leaving in mass. It still seems very surreal at times.

Now just a week goes by and more is happening that literal years of the past.

Gabe.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hi Somebody, nice to see you again 😊

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

GTS, that chariot is on the move!

• GTSfromSY
    GTSfromSY

@MrRoboto

LOL. If it is it's driving like my mom, all over the dog-gone road.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

somebody, you think time flies fast at your young age 57? ,wait till you get to my age (78) if you blink you will miss a year LOL

I have been on here about 13 years ( as smiddy) glad you dropped by .It`s a great site thanks to Simon Angarad and Co.

How about an update on whats been happening in your life since exiting the Borg.if it`s not an intrusion of your privacy .

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Yes the fuse is burning very quickly.

Sadly:(

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello Somebody. I left the slaveholdery of the filthy, disgusting jobo cult because of the silly 'overlapping generations New Lightâ„¢'. So, I might have missed your posts.

Time certainly does whizz by like lightening. One reason I have become a nihilist.

• snugglebunny
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Snuggle bunny I enjoyed that!

Somebody, I'd love to hear some more about the early days on this board, or Simon. ..tell us more!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

'Tempus fugit'.........

The older we get the faster time seems to go..... seems only yesterday I was concerned that we entered the new millennium and were still in ' the old world' . Seventeen years past ....Wow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit