When You Would Hear A Talk About Committing “Secret Sins” How Did You React?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• SAHS
    SAHS

“minimums”: Those talks were designed to create judicial meetings in order to cleanse the congregation and allow the free flow of Holy Spirit.

Boy, Minimus, I can sure relate to your thread! My dad used to scare me about sinning against the holy spirit (thus my username on this Website, “SAHS”: Sinned Against the Holy Spirit) – which made me feel profoundly worthless and effectively made me actually think that I was on “death row” awaiting my eventual yet inevitable and apparently terrifying execution at Armageddon. During that crucial time of puberty, during which I experienced some rather “unnatural” sexual fantasies, I developed an extremely morbid sense of foreboding regarding what I then perceived to be my imminent and ultimate end.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

It has got to be a real bitch that the Watchtower Corporation has to actually make this embarrassing information public, what a bunch of stooges run this nit wit organization. I think this opens them to breaches in privacy type lawsuits.

Any judge can read for themselves what these total assholes have written and throw the book at them$$$$$$.

Is a Judge trying a case against the Watchtower Corporation for what ever reason forbidden to do his own research on the internet about this evil manipulating mind control cult? I don't think so.

What effect is the Watchtower Corporation internet presents having on the amount of money awarded in lawsuits?

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

What an ear-fill those Elders got, a wife talking to them about oral sex with her husband? Jesus.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hmmm. dunno about that "greasing him with oil" in the name of jehovah.

was this before, during or after the secret sin ?

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I remember more than 9 (?) years ago, at a two day assembly, a talk about putting past sins away and forgetting them. The speaker went on about how he had a friend that had a favorite sweater. One day he ruined it somehow and got a hole in it. He kept the sweater in a drawer and wouldn't get rid of it because one day, he was going to fix it. Finally his mom threw it away.

The speaker put on his sad voice and gently said, maybe we have done something in the past and made amends but we can't just forgive ourselves or forget it. He went on about how it was like the sweater and we should just throw our past sins away.

Funny thing is, at first it seemed like it was a great talk. But then all of things I'd done in the past, seemed to have been brought up again in my mind, and I felt even guiltier.

I guess that was the point of the talk. Unless they just wanted the men in the audience to step up and take some positions in the hall and not make the excuse of not being worthy.

• Half banana
    Half banana

This is why religion is so bad for people. It always wants to keep you servile, that is lowly and pleasing others all of the time instead of doing your own thing. Who gets anywhere by becoming a drudge or dogsbody? I'll tell you what, you will become a faithful and discreet slave that's what, where so much patting on your head has left a bald spot.

A recurring theme of the scriptures show that it is desirable to be crushed at heart since then you feel dependent on "spiritual" things-- actually invisible help from invisible beings. It's a confidence trick by those in charge!

Religion is a delusion, if you are a believer; convince me otherwise.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

But days of future passed I like my old sweater with the hole in it. It's very comfortable and warm. I don't have to worry about getting more holes or spilling coffee on it. Lol Secret sins are just another way the cult controls people. Without sins and the devil there would be no religion telling people what to do. Yes god is more interested in secret sins than all the horrible things that happen in this world. Sick! Still Totally ADD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I say it is a lousy idea to confess a "sin" to the hounders, because they will make a big deal about nothing. Oral sex? Big deal. Listening to Led Zeppelin? It does say, in their own bible, that one should not be judging others lest they themselves be judged without mercy. And, if they can't even follow their own rules, then they don't deserve the truth. Remember, they claim to abide by the bible, so that binds them to it (if I, on the other hand, went against the bible after denouncing that book of filth, that is not nearly so bad because I am not being a hypocrite).

If I get pressed about a matter (say, worshiping the sun), I plan on confessing entirely in German. I doubt they know a word in German (given the wretched education they have, most of them barely have a mastery of English, Spanish, or French depending on the region they are in). And German is highly unusual for someone with a high school education to learn these days--a great language to befuddle the hounders with. That will give them nothing to work with, since they need to understand it to do anything about it--and, I doubt there is anyone that can conduct a judicial hearing in fluent German with me around here.

• stillin
    stillin

Wiz, I can be a listening ear if you need to get it off your chest. I don't usually know what people are talking about anyway.

• minimus
    minimus

The Watchtower uses this technique to control the cult. Always try to make people feel guilty and keep them under their thumbs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit