When You Would Hear A Talk About Committing “Secret Sins” How Did You React?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It seemed as if every year a talk would be given in the congregation or at a convention about “secret sins”. Very predictably, Witnesses would have pangs of conscience and confess their secret sin.

Back in the 70s, one sister with an unbelieving mate went to the elders to confess about husband and her engaging in oral sex. She was privately reproved for her “sin” and every so often would approach the elders to say she slipped up again.

I know i’d never tell anybody about my sex life just because of misguided guilt. Shortly afterwards, the Society ruled you could not exercise judicial action against a married couple who engage in oral sex.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Ah ha ! secret sins or more like give us a list of to-do things to rev-up our secret lives, at the same time enjoy some sheeple squirm.Time to use that whip again which makes them feel important ! Go get our brooms !

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

This made me laugh.

W 10 11/15 page 6/7PARA 18 SAYS THIS: What should you do if you have secretly been engaging in conduct that you know to be wrong? Remember, “he that is covering over his transgressions will not succeed, but he that is confessing and leaving them will be shown mercy.” (Prov. 28:13) How unwise it would be to continue in a wrong course and “be grieving God’s holy spirit”! (Eph. 4:30) You really owe it to God, to your parents, and to yourself to confess any wrongdoing. In this regard, “the older men of the congregation” can do a great deal for you. The disciple James says: “Let them pray over [the wrongdoer], greasing him with oil in the name of Jehovah. And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him.” (Jas. 5:14, 15) Admittedly, this may result in some embarrassment and perhaps some unpleasant consequences. But if you have the courage to ask for help, you will spare yourself any further damage and will feel the relief that comes from regaining a clear conscience.—Ps. 32:1-5.

God says he will forgive our sins yet the eldumbs do not! Confessing cause not some embarassment,unpleasant consequences....quite the opposite, it brings a person down, breaks relationships and eldumbs have a field day!Talk about relief that comes from a clean conscience..no way you get more disturbed and upset and stressed and distressed by the treatment of the eldumbs.

I say if you have a clean conscience , then it is a clear sign of bad memory !

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

w02 4/1 page 19/20 para 18

What if a serious concealed sin is bothering your conscience and weakening your resolve to live up to your dedication to God? If you are repentant, you can take comfort in the knowledge that Jehovah ‘will not despise a heart broken and crushed.’ (Psalm 51:17) Seek the help of loving Christian elders, knowing that they—in imitation of Jehovah—will not treat lightly your desire to experience the restoration of a good relationship with your heavenly Father. (Psalm 103:10-14; James 5:13-15) Then with a renewal of spiritual strength and a steadfast heart, you will be able to make straight paths for your feet and find it possible to live up to your dedication to God

Let me know please if after confessing your secret sins anyone has felt rejuvenated, renewal of spiritual strength at all.

Zing

• minimus
    minimus

Zing, excellent sources !!!

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Also where in the bible does it mention that one needs to go and confess ones secret sins to the eldumbs? please enlighten me.

Another culty tactic for a power trip.

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

@Minimus..

Thank you.There is quite a few references which will make this too long a comment so refrained from it. Good topic though.

Zing

• stillin
    stillin

I've had things that I've spoken about in confidence many years ago, and successfully put behind me, be brought back up as though it was yesterday. Some people just can't handle the truth!

• minimus
    minimus

Those talks were designed to create judicial meetings in order to cleanse the congregation and allow the free flow of Holy Spirit.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit