My wife finds fulfillment with the Dubbies

by Black Sheep 15 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Black sheep, Of course it matters!

This young person may lose their perspective on life and waste their life pursueing promises that are worthlesss, and you may be in a position to help her.

As the borg used to say "Knowlege brings responsibility" and people like us have that resposibility to speak up and not let the WT nonsense be passed on unchallenged.

I agree that a blunt frontal attack may be unproductive , both to your marriage and this girls studying . After all, the first thing they learn is to expect persecution. A softly softly approach may be better . You have to encourage her to check out all sources and not take all they say at face value. Once she finds one falsehood, the rest may unravel.

I spoke to a young lady at work who was having regular return calls from the dubs. The thing that made her stop was when she found that the NWT did not accord with other bibles. You never know what will strike home.

BTW my wife is also an active dub - it is not an easy tightrope to walk, is it ?

Best wishes.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I had better make something quite clear. I will not be emotionally blackmailed into anything by JWs or their apostates. I had enough of that crap in/from the Borg.

I asked my wife about Paul's goal/reward from today's WT, noting that he said it applies to all. 2 Tim 4:4-8. She said that Paul was writing to the congregations at that time. I pointed out that Paul didn't qualify 'all' in any way and that the way he said it, that it also applies to her. I said I would like to know how the Society turns 'all' into 'some'.

She has not given me any more on that one and as far as I am aware has not had a look at her books to find out for me.

I also pointed out that the quote from verse 8, "From this time on there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give me as a reward in that day, yet not only to me, but also to all those who have loved his manifestation", translates ho kurios as Lord but it is translated as Jehovah in verse 14, therefore Paul is talking about Jehovah's 'manifestation' which might be used by some Trinitarians to back up their Trinity.

Maybe I shouldn't have thrown that one in.

I should also point out to you all that I have a reputation for rubbishing all manner of Troofs, vegetarian/vegan diets, low fat diets, polyunsaturated oils, cholsterol & heart disease, the evils of tobacco, AIDS, SARS, West Nile Virus etc. and cast the bulk of the medical profession in the same class of shonky junk religion/science as the Borg, so people don't tend to take much heed of my views.

• shamus
    shamus

You can lead a goat to water.....

I say just leave it alone. You will only be "persecuting" her if you try to do anything. Just stay happy and don't let the witlesses get you down.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Probably the best advice I have heard yet Shamus.

I was going to keep my mouth shut this afternoon, but she mumbled something about me wasting my time talking to 'those people' when I was actually using her WTCD & Kingdum Interlinear and the http://bible.crosswalk.com/InterlinearBible/ to do a bit of Bible Study.

Guess I have to learn Self Control

..I'll look it up in the WTCD

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

If your wife is happy being a dub...then let her alone...but there's no harm in slipping the kid that studies with her a copy of "Crisis of Conscience" or something.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Shumus, I just couldn't resisit saying anything about your comment. Having some farm life experience, I'm willing to bet that it's easier to 'lead' a horse to water than a goat. As to making them drink water, well, that's another story.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit