Should the JW congregation keep a wriiten record of sins commited ?

by fearnotruth22 32 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

My sentiments exactly....

FNT has given himself_ herself away.

A complete 180.

I am done with you, FNT, that fears all truth....

(personal opinion, and if I must later eat crow, may I have mine with ketchup)?

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Gnat,

Although your comment shows insight into complications facing bros that confess,and those that although have not confessed, have been found guiilty and also have a permanent record kept of their wrongdoing,

I'm not sure what you are asking. The purpose of my post is not to force the WT to change its policy on record keeping, but to invite viewpoints and feelings on this policy.ESpecially by those who have been affected by it.

Neither legislation, nor the media has been effective in forcing the WT into turning in their members to the police or the records they keep on them.As far as I know, not even a Court Order will force the JW cong to turn over church records on wrondoings by an individual to the authorities. Hence, what you state about ecclesiatical privildges protecting the church is relative, as the WT benfiting from such laws in some US States and Soverign nations also,have not obeyed other laws in places enjoining them from doing so. So, what the Society does is not based on secular law, and ecclesiatical privilidge is not relevant to the WT policy on record keeping.

The WT however doesand has changed. its policy based on financial reasons, and compelling facts manifested as new light.

The WT is founded on 2 piilars, first Finalcial interests and 2 kingdom interests and this has been the basis for WT policy as the record shows

Before the advent of the internet, public awareness was not so widespread. and neither could information be disseminated so extensivelyso as to affectthinking so much even the thinking of jws loayal to wt for years. Wt has been affected by the internet as the literature shows and aslo as the elders and cos have been urgently warning the flock in recent years to the dangers of apostates in the internet. It is a problem for the wt that is being tackled.

As many jws become aware through the internet of the urgent complexities facing the wt, they are talking about it privatley and in forums such as this and publicly, and sure as the GT, the WT is aware of this. In former times, a bro with a concern was simply told by thelders to sit down and they were handling it or to wait for J, But when thousands or millions of bros are expressing the same concern, that cannot be likened to a belling cat.

My intention with this Topic is not to make a lot of noise, but similar to other post, simply to invite opinions and feelings of others to be expressed.

• tomty
    tomty

Yes, Elders keep a record of your sins you repented over and file it in a file cabnet in the KH. They took extensive notes on me as I poured my heart out to them, I also came to them to start with. Its all in the files. Then they disfellowshipped me even though I thourghly repented and confessed on my own. Jehovah forgets, the sun rise to the sunset, love does not keep acount of the injury, but they sure do. Then they said the reason was confidential, I was lied to by them, the reason was changed 3 times. Yet there said to be reflecting Jehovah's thinking. The real reason had to do with their position. wow. Will I ever be able to pay them the 100 denari?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit