Should the JW congregation keep a wriiten record of sins commited ?

by fearnotruth22 32 Replies latest jw friends

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Any JW that has been disciplined by a judicial comiitee has the particulars of the sin he has been didsiplined for in a file kept by the elders inside a file cabinet containing other such records in that little room in the back . That information is aceesible to elders with the key to the file cabinet. Years may go by but the file remains, even when a jw dies the file remains until elders wish to throw it out. Sometimes the elderr destroy a file but only if they wish or are pressured by a fellow elder to do so .Unless they have changes the rules recently, all an elder has to do is to skim through the the sealed files and he will see the names of fellow jws even in present good standing that have a record. If the elder is bold enough or simply wishes to, he can open the envelope and read up on a bro's case history. But it is enough to see the name of a ms or a seemingly spiritual bro on such an envelope without eveb opening it and seeing what the bro did, but only to know that the bro or sis got into trouble in the past. A bro may want to forget about mistakes that yhe mademany years ago in the past and kept quite about it but he will never ever be able to because by golly even if the bro cahnges congs t a letter follows him wherever he goes and and so does the file to inform the new body so the bro feels feel cheap because he know that the elders and their wives know what he did years ago and deal with him accordingly.No one can be comfortable around others that know about their privacy. It is embarssing, intimidating, humiliating, and forces one into intimidation and a forced submissive role.

better stay out of trouble or a record will kept about what you did even after you are dead.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

It just reminds me of the KGB or something with all the records. If your sins are forgiven they're forgiven. Shouldn't be called to mind let alone brought up and used against you.

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Too bad they don't do anything about it when it's a serious offense - e.g. child abuse, domestic violence. Does very little good for the victims to have it scrawled in a file somewhere, IF it ever gets that far.

• La Capra
    La Capra

I guess I never knew about this envelope in the file thing. When I read about these things that I know I was oblivious to growing up, it fits in with all my emotional injuries and struggles I still wage war on daily. My inability to forgive myself and let go of my past mistakes could very possibly come directly from the emotional culture that requires such permanent records of mistakes. No wonder I never believed that Jesus really died for our sins...Shoshana

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Just another little nugget of "faux Christianity" up their sleeves, this record keeping of all members' disapproved activities, which records follow them from congregation to congregation for the rest of their lives.....

"Love covers over a multitude of sins..." ....and how does their record keeping line up with this scripture?

Frannie B

• exjwgirl25
    exjwgirl25

How about " Love does not keep account of the injury" - Hypocites!

• minimus
    minimus

HEY-----are you talking bad about the elders and disrespecting the arrangement???.....I think the more you have written down, the more trouble (paper trail) exists potentially.....Besides, the Scriptures tell us NOT to keep account of the injury----not that the elders or Society would care too much about the latter reason.

• gumby
    gumby

You guys are all blasphaming bastards!

Here's how it went.

Jesus died, offered his blood to hid dad, his dad accepts it, then he gives his son a giant "Legal Note pad" ( with big yellow pages) and he tells his son to keep track of peoples sins just in case they try and backslide. Then......he kicks the shit out of ya.

Actually, the only reason records are kept, is because jesus has a better memory of our sins and doesn't need to make a list. The elder can forget stuff ya know?

Gumby

• jgnat
    jgnat

That's right, Gumby. Then the GB voted to, say, oh, about the time that Rutherford came on the scene, to drain the "sea of forgetfulness" to make room for a parking lot.

That is why today they can never, never, never forget any confessed sin.

• gumby
    gumby
    to drain the "sea of forgetfulness" to make room for a parking lot.

LOL,

Then they charge ya for the damn parking!

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit